It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:43 am 

I want to make sure I understand this right. I fire at a vehicle with a weapon that has an AVV, and if I hit that modifys the vehicles armor save the same as an infantry would, say the weapon has an AVV of 3and the vehicles armor is 13, then it has to roll 10 or under to save, correct? Now say it fails the armor roll, does it take structure point damage equal to the AVV, in this case, 3 structure points, or is it still just one point of damage?

Oh, and what happens if a location is reduced to zero, but doesn't destroy the vehicle, and that location is hit again? Does the damage transfer? I'm having trouble finding that in the book.

Thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:34 am 

Hi,

Yes, AVV of 3 lowers the vehicle armour save by 3. But it does not cause 3 structure points, one hit equals one structure point (just like infantry get one wound). If an effect gives Critical Damage(x) then it will inflict x structure points of damage per unsaved hit (compare with critical force). Many anti vehicle weapons have built in critical damage.
If you reduce one location to zero and it is damaged again, apply that damage instead to the 1-10 location of the vehivle (p 66 in the pdf)

cheers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:50 am 

As Sebulba said, the transfer of damage to location 1-10 is only valid for the 11-18 zones.

And as to what I have understood so far you can not increase Critical Damage by increasing the weapons ST, so only by using cards in a Advanced Game can you increase the Critical Damage a AVV weapon has.

Last remember that against a weapon with AVV = 0 the Vehicle get to reroll the armor check if it fails, even if you shot it from the back where most vehicles get a negative modifier to their armour.