It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:41 pm 

It says "can" not "must" which means you can still take them as light vehicles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:03 pm 

Ok, so Im a Cybertronic player. Please PLEASE let me take two volitgers as a light slot. Its not crazy unbalanced. Instead im gonna have my one guy sitting alone on the table, hiding behind cover while his drones go out and drop bombs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:45 am 

diggitydug wrote:
Ok, so Im a Cybertronic player. Please PLEASE let me take two volitgers as a light slot. Its not crazy unbalanced. Instead im gonna have my one guy sitting alone on the table, hiding behind cover while his drones go out and drop bombs.

They can't do that. They are still bound by Squad Coherency.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:42 am 

Um, so the kinda *can*. Voltigers have a Leadership of 18. They also have the dispersed rule that says squad consistency is at FULL leadership, not half. so thats an 18" raidus, or 36" diameter. Properly placed, the drones have access to a large majority of the board and are still in squad coheriency.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:52 am 

diggitydug wrote:

No. And stop trying to figure out how to weasel in behind my Orca. Sneaky git. ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:42 am 

OH.. Raptor! My Nemesis, err... I mean friend! Fancy meeting you here. Nothing to see here.. move along.

Im not sure it matters as much, because I have discovered the Voltiger, as a light vehicle... is SIMPLY HORRID (tm). And I cannot figure a single reason to spend 105 points on it, rather than 95 points on a scorpion. So Might as well pretend they don't exist.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:25 am 

Kurt_R wrote:
I think the Legion would do allright vs Shark Swarm.
Try this:
Custom Psychic Warlord w/ Necrovisual Link
Golgotha w/ Necrovisual Link
Legionnaires x5 + Necro SL
Legionnaires x5 + Necro SL
Razides x3 w/ Nazgaroths
Razides x3 w/ Nazgaroths
Stalker w/ Incinerator

Keep the Warlord and Golgotha next to the Legionnaires to get shielded. Hide them and the Razides as much as possible. Cast Necro Link on the two Razide Squads and now you have 12 shots at 30" that ignore LOS and Cover plus do Critical Damage (2). Now just Aim + Shoot with each Razide plus use any Resources for extra shots. The lone Stalker can RD and finish off any leftovers.

Quote:
Necrovisual Link
If successfully cast, the friendly Squad targeted by the ‘Necrovisual Link’ Dark Symmetry Power may make Ranged Attacks without LOS. The Range of the Weapon is halved and Cover Modifiers are ignored.

You have an effective range of 15", but Razides Passive: Unstoppable: Razides ignore negative Modifiers to Range... Good Question for the FAQ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:05 am 

Why is that dark legion rider a vehicle and the mishima dragonrider a monster? It would seem the dark legion rider should be a monster too and makes a better example of a mounted troop, hence the mounted hussars, if they make an appearance would be similar to the dragon riders.

Also the Flyer rules and the lack of range bands for flyers is strangely absent. I like the Sky rule. Perhaps a Fly category called Near Ground and High Flyer so you get a flyer who can be attacked by a non-flyer in an Engage and High Flyer where only other Flyers can perform an Engage on them. Honestly, all you need is that, and the fact that flyers can fly above non-flyers who cannot engage in CC and thus must use ranged attacks. Since WZR is about simplification you don't have to use the whole measure system like we see in chronopia or earlier warzones (I mentioned the chronopia as it was a more evolved version of the rules, especially Chronopia 2e). UWZ put in an Altitude based on inches so the range in inches equalled Altitude and you measure both horizontal and vertical for measuring range.

I'm not saying go back to that, but again, some type of Near Ground, High Flyer option so your either within engage range or your out of it, and perhaps a Sky option which means your really high and essentially off the board but must return next turn, yet I don't know if most flyers should have that. The dragon riders probably not, though technically if you fly close to the cloud level you essentially are in Sky mode.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:18 am 

Horned God wrote:

I'm not saying go back to that, but again, some type of Near Ground, High Flyer option so your either within engage range or your out of it, and perhaps a Sky option which means your really high and essentially off the board but must return next turn, yet I don't know if most flyers should have that. The dragon riders probably not, though technically if you fly close to the cloud level you essentially are in Sky mode.

Please... No. The old flyer rules where a pain to keep track of, and would turn certain units completely stupid and essentially not attackable. I prefer the system we have now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:22 pm 

My game vs Heavy vehicle loaded Capitol:

set up.

End

and, I've not Engaged purposely the Sharks just to see what the Legionaries can do by making a ranged attack on back arc of the shark. 5 of them taken down 2 SP.

Anyway as with any Vehicle, once Engaged is just useless, unless it's the Vulcan with CC Fists :).

Oh I am happy to accept any challenge to play vs heavily loaded army with Vehicles vs any troop/support type army via Vassal (pm me) :). Let's rock and roll!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next