It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Psychic Power question
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:44 am 

Can I cast the same psychic power more than once per turn. I know if its a SHOOTING type I cannot, as I cannot make more than one shooting type attack per turn. If a power is a buff/debuf power, can I cast it as long as I have the AP to do so?

I cant find this in the rules.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:42 am 

I would say "yes". As long as You have AP to spend and You use different powers. I am not sure if You can cast the same power more than once. There are several Ki powers that do not need AP and casting them more than once (as many times as I have RC left) seems to be to much.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:08 pm 

Each model can only do the same type of action once, so I'd say you can only cast one psychic power per model, but if you have several powers, you can cast it with another squad member if you are allowed to.

So for the Brotherhood, you can cast 2 powers, since that's what the Brotherhood rules specify, but only each power once, and only one power per model.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:11 pm 

So, I was directed to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=718

Apparently Prodos has said that each unit can only cast each psychic power once per turn. So Yes to casting two different powers per turn as long as you pay the AP. No to casting the same power twice, even if you pay for it twice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:07 pm 

As there is 3 different kinds of psychic actions you should be able to pull two or all three of them if you TTB?

Shooting Psychic Power Actions (Also counts as a basic shooting action)
Booster Psychic Power Actions
Debuff Psychic Power Actions

Only restriction would be that you can not activate any of them more than once in the same turn as per the default rule for actions.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:13 am 

Pax wrote:
As there is 3 different kinds of psychic actions you should be able to pull two or all three of them if you TTB?

Shooting Psychic Power Actions (Also counts as a basic shooting action)
Booster Psychic Power Actions
Debuff Psychic Power Actions

Only restriction would be that you can not activate any of them more than once in the same turn as per the default rule for actions.

Is this anyhow confirmed by the designers or just wishful thinking don't get me wrong I'm Brotherhood player and I would like to be true but my opponents think otherwise.

Or there is only one Psychic Action and the separation is only to indicate that (S) prevent from shooting, (B) cast for free by brotherhood, (D) always cost action point.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:15 pm 

It has been confirmed by Jarek on Facebook that a unit can indeed use each of their psychic powers once per turn. So this means that a unit with three psychic powers, of which one is a psychic (S),, one is a psychic (D), and one is a psychic (B) they can use all of them in one turn, as long as they have actions to cover them. Do remember that some psychic powers do not count as actions.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:07 pm 

Great news indeed, thank you :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:08 am 

So just to make sure I understand, if I have three ronin squads, each with the " taste the rainbow" ki power, EACH squad can use that ki power once per turn? Meaning three rainbows going off per turn?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:11 am 

As far as I am aware, as long as those models have paid for their ki power, then yes.