It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:29 am 

Totally agree. In this case we have a confirmation from one of the designers on Facebook (and someone kind enough to repost the answer here on the forum), but organized rules support from Prodos is sorely missed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:59 am 

There is no such quote in the rulebook that is why it is getting unclear, but we asked Prodos how to play it and they answered. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:08 pm 

Well, in my opinion they just said something without even reading. On what based are amounts of basic cards amounts for warlords? Why CC is reduced to 3 when in advanced it has 8 and Tech has 4 while in advanced it is 7?

That is my opinion though. Didn't read answer from them directly. But I think they should find time to make one clear FAQ. hey had lot of time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:00 pm 

Grzech76 wrote:
Well, in my opinion they just said something without even reading. On what based are amounts of basic cards amounts for warlords? Why CC is reduced to 3 when in advanced it has 8 and Tech has 4 while in advanced it is 7?

That is my opinion though. Didn't read answer from them directly. But I think they should find time to make one clear FAQ. hey had lot of time.

It's one thing to ask for clear instructions, and it's one thing to be obtruse about it. It has been stated (by Prodos designers) on several occasions that troop commanders give resource cards in an advanced game. Why would you claim that they "said something without reading"? They MADE the game. They know what the rules are intending to do.

I'll say one thing that I agree about you with. We need an OFFICIAL FAQ that can be put in an easy to access place (aka, not facebook where it is lost to spam) and that I don't agree with the reduction in Tech Resources compared to CC. It has, however, been stated that the reduction in Tech resources compared to CC is -intended- (once again, by developers, on multiple occasions). But even though I don't agree with the design decision, it's still there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:10 am 

Well it seems there's conflicting rules on when the Strategy Card can be played. It one area it states between Activation Phase and others between squad activations. It makes a difference since it goes new Control Phase then Activation Phase #1 with nothing taking place in between except initiative.

Hopefully it will be cleared up in the FAQ since Facebook is not always the go to source.

P.S. Some of confusion on Resources are due to the PDF accidentally omitting some of the Basic Game rules found in the printed book. It will get cleared up in PDF version 1.2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:58 pm 

I believe the resource count by Warlord difference in the Basic vs Advanced game actually does make sense. Advanced rules cards make a huge difference in the way the game is played. In a Basic game the CC and RS warlords have a bigger advantage than the Psychic and Tech Warlords. To balance this they reduced their count of resources.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:08 pm 

Korcheski wrote:
I believe the resource count by Warlord difference in the Basic vs Advanced game actually does make sense. Advanced rules cards make a huge difference in the way the game is played. In a Basic game the CC and RS warlords have a bigger advantage than the Psychic and Tech Warlords. To balance this they reduced their count of resources.

so, you want to say, that 1 or 2 resources difference for the cards effects are so important? So I understand, that in advanced games the Tech and Psychic warlords have adventage thanks to cards effects?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:57 pm 

Iff wrote:
I'll be playing my first Advanced game tonight. While reading over the rules and selecting my deck, I came across a few issues:

1. The rules say only 1 Strategy card can be in play at any time and that it leaves play during the control phase. Does this mean that the player with Initiative has the first chance to play a Strategy card, and when he does his opponent cannot play any Strategy cards that turn? Or does it mean that when the second player plays a Strategy card, the first Strategy card leaves play?

2. If it's the latter (a Strategy card 'overwrites' any previous strategy card in play) what happens with any tokens and effects that were produced by the first Strategy card?

3. The rules say any Tactical cards are discarded at the end of the turn. My Capitol deck has some cards that seem like they should have a lasting effect. A card such as promoted says that the Acting Squad Commander turns into a proper Squad Commander. Is this effect only for one turn (since the Tactical card leaves play at the end of the turn), or will this effect stick even though the card is discarded.

4. Every turn, each player must draw one card and can burn resources to draw extra cards. Can I draw the mandatory card if I already have 5 cards in hand? Can I burn to draw an extra card, even if I already have 5 cards in hand? It seems that way, since the rules state that you have to discard after drawing, if you ever reach more than 5 cards. However, in the bullet list on the next page it says you can only draw extra cards if you have less than 5 currently. It doesn't say whether this is also the case for the 1 mandatory draw at the beginning of the turn.

5. When can I draw extra cards? The initial mention of drawing extra cards is under the header "Control Phase", but the bullet list on the next page says I can draw cards between any squad activation. Is it both?

Hi there,

1. Page 51 of the Rulebook, the Diagram explains it, 1st step just After the Control Phase is to play a Strategy Card, please note that: "Player with initiative takes priority", then follow description of "Strategy card" at page 79.
2. A card must be in play in order to affect the battlefield/squads models, removing the card removes the continues effects of this card , except to cards which are non-continues effects ones like" regaining lost wound or SP as the card is affecting models immediately once is played". Tokens stay in game as per Tokens rules.
3. Regarding the Tactical Cards, as per page 51 and 79 with example, they can be played between Models Activation, so nominate a Squad to activate , check for coherency, then perform "at the beginning of squad activation Actions" , then BEFORE a player activate his 1st model from activated Squad, ether players can play a tactical card (by initiative order if both want to target the same squad - clarification) then you Activate 1st model from the squad. (so ALL models in the Squad are affected the Tactical Card) after this follow the chart on page 51. Regarding your question, in this occurrence the effect of the card is permanent even if the card is removed (clarification).
4. As per rules on page 75, you still draw a card, but if you have more than 5 one must be discarded. As a tactical tip :) : at the end of the game, just before you move to next game turn and if you have unused Res, spend them to discard/draw a cards.
5. Page 78, 1 card can be drew as a part of the game sequence in Control Phase, the extra one, as per page 80 can be drew between Squad Activations (after you have deactivated you last model from activated Squad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:14 am 

Well, in my pdf version on page 79 Priority missions are described....

I think that issuing pdf and paper version wasn't good idea...