It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:11 pm 

Please post rules question below I'll keep them updated 1st post.

Q: General: Are there any limitations on using the Kickstarter Exclusive 'Cartel' cards?

A: Yes there are. We initially intended them to only be art variants, instead now they are fully playable with any faction. That said for game balancing purposes the number of cards with a particular title is limited as described in the rules, whether the card is a standard or KS exclusive card. So if you have strategy card X in standard and KS exclusive version, where X is the title, you can only have 3 copies of X no matter the version mix. KS exclusive cards may only be played officially in non-standard (so heavy, mega and gargantuan) games. Although, if you are playing a friendly game feel free to do as you wish, so long as all players are happy.

Q: Has the brotherhood card "Martial Focus" gotten any errata?
A: Yes, it has, it is supposed to be a tactical card.

Q: Can I force my Legionnaires to run if i just run away with my Necromutant as a first action so that all other Legionnaires are out of coherency?
A: The Coherency Check is conducted before 1st Model in the Activated Squad is Activated (Page 51). If you find Legionnaires out of Coherency, during the Coherency Check, the models must make a Run Action directly towards Squad Commander (Page 36) "...(even if not normally able to do so)..."

Q: In order to walk on a bridge (wall/etc.), does the whole base NEED to be on the bridge or is it ok if half of the base is on the bridge and the other half is in mid-air (important for ... behemoths on small bridges)
A: No, as per Terrain rules Page 47, for purpose of movement, if the Model's base (or footprint) is partially within the footprint of Terrain...

Q: What are the right stats for "Visage of the ghostly light"?Right now, its a shooting spell that buffs the hit taking target. (brotherhood pdf)
A: It's correct, Shooting Psychic Action, please bear in mind you can target your own Squads with Ranged attacks.

Q: Are there plans to release an updated version of the pdfs once in a while?
A: Yes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:01 pm 

Q: Has the brotherhood card "Martial Focus" gotten any errata?
A: Yes, it has, it is supposed to be a tactical card.

Q: Can I force my Legionnaires to run if i just run away with my Necromutant as a first action so that all other Legionnaires are out of coherency?
A: ??

Q: In order to walk on a bridge (wall/etc.), does the whole basen NEED to be on the bridge or is it ok if half of the base is on the bridge and the other half is in mid-air (imortant for ... behemoths on small bridges)

Q: What are the right stats for "Visage of the ghostly light"?Right now, its a shooting spell that buffs the hit taking target. (brotherhood pdf)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:35 pm 

Done ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:07 am 

Dunnagh wrote:

Check out DoomTrooper Radio's latest podcast Imperial Sneak Peak for a really good answer on this from Jarek.

http://youtu.be/3vb9asht6Jg link will be good in about an hour from last edit as its uploading to a new location now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:04 am 

I dont want to contradict the rules guru, but want to add to the "can legionnaires run" question that the rulebook currently seems to be worded wrong if the above answer is true:

P. 17, top left of the page

Quote:
A player can choose the take a model out of
Squad Coherency at any point, but it should
be remembered that a model out of Squad
Coherency at the beginning of its next acti-
vation must make a Run Action to return to
Squad Coherency.

That clearly states that if a model at the beginning of ITS (!) activation must run if it is out of coherency.

@Blue Shark: DTR: I started to watch the first episode but stopped after a few minutes because I was getting frustrated at the amount of interruptions when Mark Rapson just wanted to say something that sounded important :-/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:09 am 

Quote:
@Blue Shark: DTR: I started to watch the first episode but stopped after a few minutes because I was getting frustrated at the amount of interruptions when Mark Rapson just wanted to say something that sounded important :-/

I take it you haven't seen the new episode then. This episode isn't podcast style its more interview style that is in line with your preference. The remainders will be podcast style unless otherwise arranged beforehand.

Q: Pg 234 Spatial Rift. Centre a SE Template over the token and scatter D20/4”. Is this the token that scatters with the template centered on it or is this the token in place and the template then scatters from the token?

Q: If the rail gains crit force/damage (2) on a roll of 1-4 is this on the initial rs test only and applies to all under the rail template or is this applicable to the 1-10 rolls individually for the additional models under the "template"?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:25 am 

Q. Yorama School of Enlightment was associated in fluff with close combat rather than range combat. Is its new association retcon or mistake?

Q. Hatamoto had in previous pdf Impenetrable Armour (10) against CC attacks. Is this a mistake or planned change [it looks weird that coporation elite is without this when triad scum have it]?

Q. Does lone Demon Hunter have Heal (2) or Meditation of Kyudo comes in play only with 2 or more models in squad?

Q. Kunshu Dragonriders are on 40mm bases. Is this not a mistake [they would be easly the size of bikes etc. which are on 50mm or more]?

Last edited by Shadow Walker on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:28 am 

Dunnagh wrote:
I dont want to contradict the rules guru, but want to add to the "can legionnaires run" question that the rulebook currently seems to be worded wrong if the above answer is true:

P. 17, top left of the page

Quote:
A player can choose the take a model out of
Squad Coherency at any point, but it should
be remembered that a model out of Squad
Coherency at the beginning of its next acti-
vation must make a Run Action to return to
Squad Coherency.

That clearly states that if a model at the beginning of ITS (!) activation must run if it is out of coherency.

Quote:
During the course of a Game, it is possible
that a Squad member will find themselves
out of Coherency. If this occurs, any Model
out of Squad Coherency must be the first
Model in the Squad Activated and must complete
a Run Action (even if not normally able to do so)
to return to Squad Coherency.
If more than 1 Model is out of Squad Coherency,
Activate all of these Models in Turn
and before any other Models in the Squad,
starting with the Model which needs to move
the furthest. Complete a Run Action for each.
Once all Models in the Squad are in Squad
Coherency, Models not yet Activated from
the same Squad can be Activated in any order.
Quote:

Coherency check only accrues at the beginning of Squad Activation before any Model from the Squad is Activated (Page 52, Activation Phase). The Quote above refers to players wishing to move its Models out of Squad Coherency once the Models is Activated (stating that with their next activation must make a Run Action to return to Squad Coherency, not the same Activation phase).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:21 pm 

Based on something said in the Doomtrooper Radio Podcast by Mark R. I wanted to formally ask:

Are Lords and Warlords considered squads for purposes of taking The Art psychic powers? In other words, are Lords/Warlords required to take 2 art powers (unless otherwise specified)?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:55 pm 

Q: How long does a sentry action last? Till the end of the current game turn or till the models next activation?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next