It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:01 pm 

Ghostfire flamer as a Custom Warlord weapon of choice:

Quote:
Active: Ghostfire: In lieu of making a Ranged Attack with
this weapon, Place a 30mm token (AV10 SP3) within 30” of
Shiryo-X , every model finishing its activation within 3” of
the token receives St12 AVV0 Blast Auothit. The token is removed
at the end of the Game turn.

Do I have to have Shiryo-X on a field to use Ghostfire Active skill or do I count 30" from a custom warlord when using this skill?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:17 pm 

Escalation of the light and Mishima card

It happens during a game that my opponent played a mishima tactical card on his demon hunters squad of four members. the card (can't remember the name) says that the the squad couldn't be targeted by psichic powers.
next to the squad he left his warlord. Then I targeted the warlord with escalation of the light
here the text of the psichic power:

Escalation of the Light
All Warlords: If the WP test for the Primary Target is
passed and the Primary Target survived, the ‘Escalation
of the Light’ progresses to thenearest Enemy
Model within 3”. On a D20 roll of 1-17 the nearest Model
within 3” receives a Piercing Autohit with a St15
AVV3. Continue this for up to 3 more shots (5 in total) modifying the St and AVV of the Ranged Attack by -1 from
the previous Autohit (to minimum AVV of 1). If there are no previously unaffected Models within 3” the of the Model
most recently hit or affected Model survived , the Escalation of the Light dissipates with no further effect.

it says that the power 'passes on the nearest enemy', not on a 'target' enemy. i thought that it was legal for the power to jump on the first demon hunter, which was within 3' of the warlord, because he wasn't target of the spell.. the target waas just the warlord.
So... in this case my opponent didn't agree with me. to pacify our poor souls I decided to chenge my action, but still the doubt stay with us, specifically when I made him notice that he could have used the 'GUARDED' special skill, which allow him to switch the damage from the lord to the demon hunter. (and is legal)

So, we passed on, but still have the doubt. Sure it was a strange situation, but what do you think. anyone from Prodos?

Last edited by madtisa on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:10 am 

something else:

1) Mortificator's blessed granades doesn't have a specified size of template. Is it the small one, as per each other granade, or it is just a point? does it make sense to scatter a point? And in this case, these granades would be totally useless, just because mortificators has yet a ROF2 handgun, wich is simply better.

2) Rules doesn't explain how to manage with powers shots and template weapons, except about granades.

3) Judicator walker: in the description it isn't spedified that one of the model in the squad is the squad commander, but i reckon one must be, for coherency purposes. So, one of them must either generate resource card. is that correct?

extension of 3)

in those list like Imperials and capitol, in which the battle walker is just a single man unit, is it the squad commander? does it generate resource cards? if not, i feel like it is disadvatageous in respect with the bauhaus, mishima, and cybertronic one.

4) contraddiction in engaging:
page 11: it speaks about the chance of a failed engage action if the engager can't reach the target, so it can move towards the remaining move. if it is so, i can declare to engage a model on the other side of the table just to have a run action for one action point.
page 43: it doesn't contemplate the chance of a failed engaging action, because it says the engage must be completed.
- if that's true, i can finish my move with some models in CC and some too far to be in coherency.

5) engaging and CCWR
I can engage a target if my movement bring me in his CCWR or him in mine (page 43). Ok, but I can choose to stop me just away of his CCWR if mine is longer? Or have I to move ALL my movement toward his base. Or better: Is it mandatory to me to reach his base if I can, or can I stop me just at the beginning of my CCWR?

6) engaged models which move
Can I use my ONLY action to move an engaged model INSIDE the CCWR of the enemy model with whom it is engaged without consider it disengaging? Just with the purpose of better positioning him (maybe if it has a long range CCWR)

Last edited by madtisa on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 am 

1. What armour value is used against autohits from card effects when a model has 2 values (i.e. shield in a front).
2. When a grenade lands behind a model with 2 Armour Values but the shooter is in from of him which AV it uses?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:30 pm 

If i choose a Valkyrie custom warlord, she gains the Psichic (3) special skill, but in the Valkyrie squad upgrades it is specified that the squad may be upgraded with only one Art Power. So what happens? may I choose 3 or just one?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:49 pm 

Warlords gets only Avtive and Passive skills from a generic unit. Squad upgrades do not apply to warlords. Just Active/Passive.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:35 pm 

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:17 am 

Why someone would spend 200 points to use Sergeant Murdoch? I think that's a big waste of points, because it doesn't add very much to the (yet expensive) 75 point for normal Golden Lion. With his point cost I can deploy two golden lions and still have 50 points left, which are not few.

I think same of NCO and other special squad commanders. for example, with the 76 points of an NCO I can deploy an entire squad of trenchers, very more useful, considering an NCO won't be able to participate to fire actions with his short range pistol, and usually i can't get benefit from his ribbon special ability until second turn - and that doesn't mean he will be useful enough from turn two to justify his cost.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:26 pm 

Madtisa, as for question 3:
I guess it's an oversight that the judicator is not a squad commander, if you have more than one surely one of them needs to be that for coherency purposes.
However they do not generate resource cards, only troop squad commanders to that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:27 pm 

Whoops... thx Sebulba, I always played with every squad commander generating a card, and i always been wrong! I have to tell the other players of my group! That was a big one...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next