It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:20 pm 

Long time player of the classic games , 1st time posting in the forum. I have a load of old models in storage and it looks like the old models have lost their resale value on eBay, too bad because I was going to sell them to Buy new models. My question is can the old
Models legally be used in the new game if I change the base sizes ? I really love the new models but I would hate to learn that I can't use the old models. I really love some of these old Models. I'm sorry if this was already answered somewhere but I could not find anyone discussing it on the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:42 pm 

In friendly games I don't see why not. There is a disrepancy in size though. As you can see in this picture the old Imperial Regular stands about as tall as a kneeling Blood beret. I also have a metal Trencher Sniper that is a bit taller, but still looks a bit short in comparison to the new models.

Some models have also been redesigned, the Imperial Golden Lions probably being the most clear and most changed unit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:45 pm 

Hello.
Minis are not at the same size but i think you can play with them.
By example someone (axelius?) had posted a pict with an old and news minis. The regulars reached the lower shoulder pad of the blood. :lol: You will have a warzone dwarves army. 8-)

Yeah dude the etoile mortant and the purple shark 2nd ed. are still amazing.

Lol owned.
:D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:19 am 

But what about in tournament play? Has anybody announced that old models are not allowed ? I know these 20 year old models can look goofy in comparison some times but I just love some of these models...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:53 am 

The game is not yet to plan tournaments.

Personnaly i cannot answer you. Ask by pm to rob aldermann maybe he knows.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:09 pm 

Well... I haven't heard about tournaments yet, but I would say that in order to promo the new edition and let new players recognize who is who (old models look sometimes very different) the older minis shouldn't be allowed. But that is always organisers role to decide.

Also, the models have different sizes now, especially vehicles and some smaller beings too. They are not compatible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:18 pm 

it was said few times that old models would not be allowed. I must agree that in order to be recognizable and of course because the new edition is made by different people, so from a business perspective I don't see a reason why the old models should be allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:36 pm 

I agree with you that Prodos needs to promote themselves as a new start for the property , but to just ignore the history of the game is wrong. I suppose I'll always have models for doomttrooper rpg but i am really kicking myself for not selling the old models when they had collector value. I don't see people buying these at all now . If the old models could be used with base swaps it would mean they had value.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:28 pm 

a player in our group plays DL and doesnt want the new models as he is waiting for Ilian. Now, we all dont have a problem with that - but I can understand why using them in tournament play can be problematic. I guess it would have to be decided on a model-to-model basis (old behemoth twice the size as the new one means: it will never claim cover - but can see everything)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:39 pm 

It's too bad they eliminated the old size stat, because that was helpful when determining what a model could see or who could see it.