It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:28 pm 

That is correct!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:24 pm 

I just discovered Warzone Resurrection by accident last weekend by watching a Blue Table Painting video on YouTube. The guy was like 'Oh check out the new Hurricane Walker that just came in from Prodos Games' and I started yelling at the TV. I started playing Warzone in 9th Grade so I was 13 or 14. It was the tie that bound 4 lifelong friends. I played Capitol & Imperial, Buddy 1 played the Dark Legion, buddy 2 played Bauhaus & buddy 3 played Cybertronic & Brotherhood. Anyway, I digress...

Is there a way to purchase just the cards? The reason I ask is because we want to get into the game, but as the stats are not available publicly, we want to compare and contrast before taking the leap. I am sold on the new Algeroth because, well, it's Algeroth. Who doesn't want to chop something up with Alakhai's Meatwulfer again? But I need to also buy a Corporate army so I can get some demo games in. I need to sell it to my friends and potential new players at my local nerd store. I live in the US so the 15 pound shipping seems a bit much if I just order the book, then a couple weeks later making another purchase... I can deal with it either way, I just don't want to do what I did the first time around(buy Mishima based on the look of the models, only to discover that they all brought knives to a gun fight ).

Anyway, Thank You for bringing back the miniatures game that I compare all others to.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:37 pm 

You can get the rules for Imperial on http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/ ,but it's on one of those annoying rotating banner things and I no longer see any way to select an image in it. So you'll have to be patient and wait for it.

The really annoying thing is that I can't find where they put the free PDFs of the rulebook and the other army lists. So if someone doesn't come along and prove (again :lol: ) how computer illiterate I am by posting where they are you can PM me your email address and I'll send them to you.

James

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:43 pm 

Brother Jim wrote:
You can get the rules for Imperial on http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/ ,but it's on one of those annoying rotating banner things and I no longer see any way to select an image in it. So you'll have to be patient and wait for it.

The really annoying thing is that I can't find where they put the free PDFs of the rulebook and the other army lists. So if someone doesn't come along and prove (again :lol: ) how computer illiterate I am by posting where they are you can PM me your email address and I'll send them to you.

James

You're not illiterate, they're just 5 clicks away ;)

http://warzonegame.com/images/game&factionrules.zip

/Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:47 pm 

But....which 5 clicks?

And thanks for posting.

EDIT: And just so people know, that zip doesn't include Imperial.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:37 am 

I did download the Imperial PDF, but in order to compare, I would need 2 army lists minimum. I appreciate the Suggestion though. Maybe if I just ask the question, are Mishima stats as good as the models look? Those Ronin look amazing!
I guess, what I will do is split my purchase into 2 phases. 1st I buy the book, templates (even though I may be able to get away with using the ones I still have from 1995, they look compatible), The Algeroth Starter, 2 units Pretorian Stalkers & Alakhai. Phase 2 will be after I've chosen the Megacorp I like most.

I just hope I can keep the creep down this time around. I had 4000 points Imperial, 2500 points Capitol & roughly 1500 points assorted Brotherhood, Cybertronic & Mishima. I once Played a 10,000 point game with my Capitol, and 2 other buddies using Brotherhood & Bauhaus vs my other buddy who had 10,000 points Dark Legion (primarily Algeroth). He had his Black Widow tank and my buddy brought his Grizzly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:20 am 

Epidemic, check the link Blutrache posted (http://warzonegame.com/images/game&factionrules.zip)
It contains the rest of the rules and faction lists.
I haven't played a game where Mishima was included so I can't know for sure how they measure up, just looking at their stats they are quite equal to other corporate troops - but they are a bit more close combat oriented. I agree with the models though, I'm thinkning of getting a smaller Mishima army alongside my other 3 just for the models sake :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:03 pm 

Epidemic989 wrote:
I did download the Imperial PDF, but in order to compare, I would need 2 army lists minimum. I appreciate the Suggestion though. Maybe if I just ask the question, are Mishima stats as good as the models look? Those Ronin look amazing!

Hi,
My short review so far of Mishima. Has imho very good looking models (and more are on the way). Gamewise they're just as Sebulba says; overall equal to other corp. troops but prone to being more effective in CC. I'd dare say the Meka is one of the better light vehicles out there. Tiger Dragons are very good assault elites (almost mandatory for dismantling vehicles fast). Hatamoto, very nice models, but for basic gaming I think I prefer more Ronin (cheaper and not that much of a difference in performance). Dragon riders are more expensive, but has good action radius and can bring a punch when needed.

Cheers and good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:38 am 

Thank you for the helpful info! I will feel much better in choosing an army now.