It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:26 am 

It is kind of resolved by bases size of models.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:48 am 

I would personally when facing someone else not mind if they used old miniatures, as long as they have made sure to convert the bases to the new standard. Then what model stands on the base itself is less important as all the game mechanics will work for it. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:55 pm 

Thank you , the base size is the only important factor. I just don't see the logic of saying old models are not usuable . This is not exactly a proxy , or a swap. This is using the old models to heighten my joy of your game . I still need the rule book, your templates , your strategy and gear cards, and most importantly stat cards. Where is the harm . I still plan to buy new models but until I have the fortunes to buy the force I desire let me enjoy the newest edition of the game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:50 pm 

Pax wrote:
I would personally when facing someone else not mind if they used old miniatures, as long as they have made sure to convert the bases to the new standard. Then what model stands on the base itself is less important as all the game mechanics will work for it. :)

I wouldn't mind either. Actually, I would like to face armies made up of old models. Most of people out there will not mind it, but for tournaments it should not be allowed due to previously described reasons. For private games I don't see any reason why anyone could not use old models.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:27 pm 

I wouldn't have a problem with the older models as that's mostly what I have.
I wouldn't even care if the human sized troop type models were still on 25mm bases, but stuff like Razides should be rebased onto a bigger base.

I was originally going to go with stuff that's on a 30mm being on a 25mm, stuff on a 40mm being on a 30mm and stuff on a 50mm being on a 40mm (or 50mm) because I would have to buy less new bases. Plus it would work better if I was playing an older version of the game (or some other game).

There's also the fact that I DO NOT like the style of bases for the new version of the game and I had to find something I could live with.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:54 pm 

personally I wouldn't have a problem with it. No reason why someone who owns and older army can't use it. They might want to switch out the bases though, since those are important with some of the rules.

I just realised last night I have enough stuff to make all the stuff in the imperial starter set using second ed trenchers and a toy tank from the junk box. Maybe when I get around to it I can fluff it out with some newer models. I just used some 30mm and 40mm bases for the figs.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:52 pm 

In official tournaments or gaming days, we will not allow the use of old miniatures or proxied models.

This is Warzone resurrection, not Warzone 4th edition. A major part of our ability to get the license was because we wanted to 'reinvent' the look of the game, whilst staying true to the feel and fluff. Equally, we are Prodos Games, not Target Games or Excelsior Entertainment.

In any case, I have lots of old miniatures, which I love using in my games of WZR at my local club. :) We wouldn't ever stop you doing that and no one should be annoyed by it. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:19 pm 

Thank you for the official stamp. As a last question on the subject, a conversion that utilizes old minis but is converted heavily and even uses Prodos components , is that also disallowed from official event use ?

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:32 am 

I would imagine it would be usable, as long as it is easily recognisable as what it should be representing. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:56 am 

Sicilian wrote:
Thank you for the official stamp. As a last question on the subject, a conversion that utilizes old minis but is converted heavily and even uses Prodos components , is that also disallowed from official event use ?

if I recall correctly the official rule is that a model must be 75% prodos games material, although I imagine a little leeway would be allowed in the case of custom heroes but id check before hand.