It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Overpowered units
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:13 pm 

Do you remember vulkans, victors, pretorian stalkers, valpurgius spells in 3rd edition ? (yeah because of those I've played Bauhaus & Dark Legion back then :P)

I would like to know which units, vehicles, heroes you personally consider OP in new edition,; or if you can not think of any - just unbalanced in a positive way. I mean not necessarily by its "might", maybe just too good statistics - point cost ratio.

On the other hand any examples who is underperforming ?

Post subject: Re: Overpowered units
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:26 pm 

In other words Dzungla is power gaming and wants you help. He wants the warzone cheese. Anyone going to serve up some cheese?

If you list something as underperforming my guess is Dzungla won't want it in his army. Choose wisely grasshopper?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:24 pm 

foreshadow wrote:
In other words Dzungla is power gaming and wants you help. He wants the warzone cheese. Anyone going to serve up some cheese?

If you list something as underperforming my guess is Dzungla won't want it in his army. Choose wisely grasshopper?

"I do not know what autoincludes are (yes they are in every, single game) - so I will chase away the beginner :!: "

Warm welcome :?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:10 am 

So, I think that Prodos is doing a really good job limiting the amount of overpower in the game.

Six months ago, I would have said Capitol Sharks, in a heartbeat. For 50 points, they were vehicles (which can take LOTS of hits), had a huge movement (so they could target anywhere on the board), and they were ROF 6. Thats 8 points per shot, which is INSANE considering most basic troopers are 12-15 points. AND you could use a card to get 6 Shotgun Template blasts. They were devistatingly overpowerful.

AND you could take a whole army of them.

Much powergaming ensued.

However, Prodos realized the mistake, and errattad them to ROF 4, and made it you cannot use Shotgun Ammo on them. They are MUCH more reasonable now.

All within a few months of playing.

Prodos listens, and makes changes. So.. the days over terribly over powered (or under powered like Mishima Dragons), I think are over.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:22 pm 

Current most annoing tactics is IMO Bauhaus CC Vulkans and Etoiles Mortant with gehenna pukers in RD.