It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Blink Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:18 am 

Can an Armoured Chasseur Power Blink ( 2 actions) and then (assuming he survives the overcharge) burn a card to fire ?

It seems quite powerful to Power Blink , and then fire a shotgun ?
Shotguns are awesome!

Post subject: Re: Blink Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:27 am 

The flow chart on p. 51 would seem to imply that you have to burn a card for the third action before spending any of the model's action points (so the resource may be wasted if the overcharge kills him), but I can't confirm that this is correct. Otherwise, yes it's a solid strategy to burn a resource to Power Blink and fire.

Can anyone clarify the timing on burning resources for a third action?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:57 am 

Ok thanks
I was making sure that the Power Blink , doesn't end the models activation or there was something I missed.
So it is possible , I don't mind burning the card before the Power Blink. I think the risk is worth the reward.

My son has been using the Armoured Chasseurs and we finally discovered the under-barrel shotgun after a few games , so many rules to learn, the ST 14 ignoring cover was pretty good :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:32 pm 

It is powerful, but you go through your resource cards quickly if you're power blinking and shooting with all of them. There are plenty of other things that RC could be used for...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:38 am 

I have used this tactic often and it works really well. Remember, you don't have to Power Blink with each model, just make sure you keep them within the bubble around the squad commander. Power Blink...BLAM!...Win!
(Power) Blink, the weapons loadout and armour makes the Armoured Chasseurs the mainstay of my force. They are absolutely terrific and often a better choice than regular Chasseurs. Yes, they are more expensive but in my games they always killed way more and soaked way more than regular Chasseurs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:40 pm 

Normal Chasseurs excel at making a gun line, between their rocket launchers and their 24" RoF2 AVV1 weapons.

Armoured Chasseurs are a very different beast with their abilities making them more of an assault unit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:48 pm 

I am aware, but Armoured Chasseurs always excel better in my games. They take out way more points than the regular Chasseurs, have a more defining role on the battlefield, are WAY more flexible and basically do everything better. And their shorter range never is an issue for me, since they move up fast anyway.
The Chasseurs are added as cheap fillers and decoys, rather than a unit which should accomplish a lot.