It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:40 am 

HI everyone,

Reading through the rule book and after playing my first few games, I have seen reference to Piercing ( a letter - A etc ) and I cannot find reference to this in the rule book anywhere. I am sure it means something, just would like to know what.....

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:23 am 

Piercing is a type of damage.

The majority of armours suffer a particular type of damage (blast, plasma, piercing etc). If an armour has piercing -1 it means that when an armour roll against a piercing type weapon is made that test suffers a -1 malus.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:47 am 

Theres a loose rock-paper-scissors type scheme in the weapons. I say loose because theres a lot of models that dont have a negative modifier to a kind of weapon, have virtually no negative to it, or suffer harshly because of distribution of that kind of weapon.

Theres Piercing, Blast, Plasma, and Rail. Unless the target model has a rule saying they suffer from a certain weapon type, it doesnt mean anything (except plasma in shooting forcing a reroll if you roll an RS of 1-4 on successful armor saves) in terms of armor value changes.

Theres also not a single armor that actually brushes off certain type of attacks (i.e. is harder to hurt with type Blast rather than easier) so it throws the rock-paper-scissors thing out the window of a three-story tall building as oppose to just a normal window.

I dont like it. It basically makes troops way easier to kill than anything else, and everything else basically ignores the rule entirely. My Golden Lions are the only thing i use that suffers from anything thats not Blast but theyre always using Invul Armor anyway...so big deal lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:58 pm 

Kunshu Dragon Riders are +1 Blast. Hatamoto and Tiger Dragons are -1 Piercing. Bauhaus Juggernauts, Cybertronic Armoured Chasseurs, Brotherhood Mortifcators and Capitol Heavy infantry are all -2 Plasma. Dark Legion Razides have Plasma -2, Piercing +1. They are out there.

Plus there are additional effects. Necromutants gain additional heal when faced with Plasma weapons, for example.