It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:03 pm 

I've got a few questions in regards to Drougan and Farraday and attaching them to a squad. As they are both Cartel Agents they can be used by any faction (not DL). For the sake of my questions lets assume that one or the other will be attached to a squad of Bauhaus Juggernauts as a Lord/Squad Commander.

1. I understand that as long as Drougan/Farraday is alive the squad will use their leadership value for all morale checks unless the model is removed, etc. But do the Juggernauts gain the Fearless special skill?

2. Can the squad take Bauhaus doctrines still? And do those doctrines also affect Drougan/Farraday? Example Farraday is taken with a squad of 3 Juggernauts, with a CC Warlord, I give the Juggernauts/Farraday "Schnell! Schnell! Schnell!" for a total of 20 pts. Is the previous example legal? And for that matter can they take "Flank Deployment"?

3. Drougan/Farraday are 'As Blood Berets' minus the anti vehicle mines. Which if any Special Skills would the Juggernauts also gain? Do the Juggernauts benefit from 'Active: Headsets' Skill as described on page 43 of the Imperial book?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:23 am 

As per P39 of the Rulebook, you choose to attach the lord before the game starts. That means that Farraday/Drougan is a separate squad when building your army list, but you attach them to a squad later. That means your squad can take doctrines, but they lose infiltrate or rapid deploy if they then have a Lord attached who does not have those skills.

As to all the other skills, there's nothing saying that skills are passed from one to the other. Unless an ability says 'and the squad he is with' or something like that, all the Doomtrooper's special skills will affect only him and vice versa for the squad. The only exceptions to that are things that affect 'models from the same squad' like shielded/guarded and medic(x).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:52 pm 

ADG_Wraith wrote:
As per P39 of the Rulebook, you choose to attach the lord before the game starts. That means that Farraday/Drougan is a separate squad when building your army list, but you attach them to a squad later. That means your squad can take doctrines, but they lose infiltrate or rapid deploy if they then have a Lord attached who does not have those skills.

As to all the other skills, there's nothing saying that skills are passed from one to the other. Unless an ability says 'and the squad he is with' or something like that, all the Doomtrooper's special skills will affect only him and vice versa for the squad. The only exceptions to that are things that affect 'models from the same squad' like shielded/guarded and medic(x).

Right that all makes sense. I was unsure of when he became attached to the squad.