It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Warzone 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:30 pm 

Raven911 wrote:
One request, please dot make it drastically different. GW ruined 40k when they went to 3rd edition on. I like the basics of WZR.

Agree. The game is great, it just needs some tweaks.

Off topic:

Your forums are a mess. Moderators that pop in a couple times a day would be nice.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:37 am 

YES!!! don't change to much....

weapons types and armor mod are fine, don't change this.

i think, the most changes is need in wording and so on

make warlords and lords cheapper, that they will be so good as custom single minded lords and warlords
(my golgotha rearly kills 50% of her cost, and cheaper Shooting ANY DL custom warlord can easli kill 200% of enemy models)

don't make YOUR game to be like the others games...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:09 pm 

AcesHigh wrote:

Off topic:

Your forums are a mess. Moderators that pop in a couple times a day would be nice.
[/quote]

I'm not sure how off topic it actually is. I liked your unedited post but if you feel this a better statement I'll support it as well. With a new edition of rules, I think the forums could use some minimal work as well. I mean the first thing I did after I got my copy of the rules was to sign up for the forums, I think lots of people do the same thing. The forums a lot of the time act like a "living" FAQ.

I think a moderately active core group of volunteer moderators would do wonders for the forum and help with rules disputes. Everyone here seems to be civil enough, so this would really only need to be 2 or 3 users max. I mean ADG_Wraith pretty much is the de facto rules guy (on the forums), and it'd be cool, I think, if he was at least recognized for his work.

(There seems to be a spam bot now, who keeps posting about "insurance". see user jibjabst. It'd be nice if a moderator could sort that out)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:52 pm 

Some points from me (may be duplicate from other posts)

- no hurry. take your time.Wrz has a stable rules thing right now. with some minor tweaks it really is very good.

- no BIG changes. People love wrz for what it is NOW. Change it drastically and risk people turning away.

- I´m not sure RD needs a tweak. It has never been better than now.

- the structure in the rules needs to change. It´s hard to find some rules atm.

- Squad special actions are mostly useless. Either buff them or get rid of most

- Flamer Template rules are a mess right now. They would need a rewrite.

- engage (action) vs. being engaged. Those are two different things and need different words (like "charge" for the first)

- LD needs to matter. currently, every ld test is passed,making pinning and fear next to useless.

- stalk needs to go away (or be reserved for single models). Currently,this just leads to MANY MANY dice being thrown.

- clarify how cover is measured. I know it´s supposed to be 25% but it´s really hard to measure sometimes. Measured from the weapon? from the head? from the base?

- Please do not change the way the resources are currently handled.It works perfectly and I love that mechanic. While giving demo games, it was one of the things people learned really quick and found intuitive.

- travelling more than 2" through light terrain makes it heavy... hard to remember. Get rid of that.

- Special CC actions are mostly useless.Giving up all those cool attacks with your Chain ripper for ONE mediocre attack is strange. Get rid of most here.

- too many generic skills in the skills list. some are used by 1 or 2 units inthe game only (fireproof),some are next to useless (inspiring presence) and some are way too similar. This list could be shrunk

thats it.

We really enjoy the game for what it is now. the above changes dont make it a different game (like aos did with wfb. I can live with that there are people who enjoy AoS, but its a totally different game from Wfb)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:05 pm 

Dullahan wrote:

I'm not sure how off topic it actually is. I liked your unedited post but if you feel this a better statement I'll support it as well. With a new edition of rules, I think the forums could use some minimal work as well. I mean the first thing I did after I got my copy of the rules was to sign up for the forums, I think lots of people do the same thing. The forums a lot of the time act like a "living" FAQ.

I think a moderately active core group of volunteer moderators would do wonders for the forum and help with rules disputes. Everyone here seems to be civil enough, so this would really only need to be 2 or 3 users max. I mean ADG_Wraith pretty much is the de facto rules guy (on the forums), and it'd be cool, I think, if he was at least recognized for his work.

(There seems to be a spam bot now, who keeps posting about "insurance". see user jibjabst. It'd be nice if a moderator could sort that out)

I thought the first one came off as too "ranty".

I did the same with when I got my rulebook. And I am right with you about game forums being a living FAQ. Forums push a game forward in a way that Facebook just can't.

I agree about Wraith.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:37 pm 

I'll actually second the original criticism of Prodos' outreach and online presence. It's pretty sad that there was an entire *year* without a single Prodos team member posting here. Then you've also had multiple spam bots operate for weeks on end with no moderation... pretty silly stuff.

Warzone's a fun game with fun rules and gorgeous miniatures. It's a shame Prodos has so little presence with the community. Maybe this is only an issue in the states, but speaking from a retail perspective, stocking Warzone at my store has not been easy. I've had customers' orders delayed for literally months because none of our distributors can get certain models.

I ultimately saw a lot of people get discouraged with the absence of an online community and give up on the game. There's so much potential for Warzone, but there's got to be some more outreach. I dunno if Prodos ended up shooting themselves in the foot with the AvP stuff, but Warzone still does have the potential to grow a bunch. Every time I play, several folks come by and watch, comment on how awesome the models are, and ask about the game. A more "alive" community and content could easily grow that into new players!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:45 pm 

duck_bird wrote:

I ultimately saw a lot of people get discouraged with the absence of an online community and give up on the game. There's so much potential for Warzone, but there's got to be some more outreach. I dunno if Prodos ended up shooting themselves in the foot with the AvP stuff, but Warzone still does have the potential to grow a bunch. Every time I play, several folks come by and watch, comment on how awesome the models are, and ask about the game. A more "alive" community and content could easily grow that into new players!

There IS an online community. It´s over there at Facebook. I agree though that this forum should either have been treated with more attendance or closed down altogether.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:03 pm 

Ok I'll put some ideas.

Buildings and structures definitely need to be changed. My idea is to agree with opponent before game starts (Optional rules - not tournament) if we can destroy them or not (Because it will take a longer if so) but then, template that hits models and cover a structure (like a tree) can damage them as well in the same hit.

Rules - need to be put in better order. Even now I don't know where to look for charge bonuses - first I get is bonuses from engaging from height - which is really rarely used and they are not in the same place!

Close Combat special rules - I would delete this, and add as a special skills to some units.

I loved the CC rules in 2nd Edition - when you compare CC stats and attack were made at the same time, but only priority target could strike back - but that's my opinion. And the model with longer CCWR gets First strike for example.

Sentry I would change for 1 AP

RD - hmm that's tough. The tournament rules are good. We're playing with it but regardless points (to tournament limit of course) you can take only one squad (+ Warlord if got RD rule) - RD have to be support in a game and not the winner option (like Bauhaus got now)

Vehicles - they are hard to kill or to easy to kill. I would add something like increase AVV by aiming as well. And give the upper limit to AVV to 8-9 (maybe 10) regardless modifiers.

Ok, that's for now folks, going to bed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:35 am 

For those getting discouraged about a lack of community, please point them to the facebook group and other fan-made things like Doomtrooper Radio (and not to mention CTC Magazine!).

I prefer the Forum to Facebook, but that's where the people are so that's where a lot of stuff goes. It's a good platform for gaining more people but as others have noted, pretty rubbish for maintaining information for later access. It's a medium that emphasises the 'now' factor.

I agree that moderation is needed, but this is such a good community (at least here in the WZR section) that it isn't a difficult job- more a spambot filter than anything else.

However, if you want to see more activity here in the forums, the other way is to push it ourselves. If you're both here and on FB, post here and link to the post on FB. Start things- I know there's a monthly painting pledge on FB, so similar things could happen here. If you're interested in a topic, make a post or ask a question that encourages a diverse response.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:51 pm 

I agree with the do not touch the biggest part of the rules.
Streamline them so they are easier to learn. Just tweak some special rules.

Rd well I think it's easier to not let troops that rd use cards effects or resource the turn they enter play. So they can be deadly but not so much!

Fear need to have some effect....

Fearless maybe just a reroll but not total immmunity...

More ld modifier eg the panic/route test can be modified from the number of casualty taken that cause the test, being half or less than starting squad, and so on.

Quick reboot or lighter version of standard warlord maybe make just "hero. And then you choose your warlord from them. Custom warlords are just too good in respect to standard ones!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next