It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Warzone 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:27 pm 

I'm unsure if anyone has done this yet, but I just posted a link to this thread in the Facebook groups. Hopefully we can get a few users back, or some new ones and more people will get to voice their opinions as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:32 pm 

From one of Jareks facebook posts (to the Warzone - Mutant Chronicles facebook group) it seems like we can expect 2.0 sooner than some of us may have expected.

Quote:
not only winter is coming but 2.0 as well...

Along with previews of the Baracudas, there was also a sneak peak at reworked Etoiles, Pride, and Shiryo X

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:58 pm 

My new idea of some extra rules o 2.0 for throwing weapons. I think that if you target the point in the ground there ALWAYS should be a deviation D20/4 or D20/2. It will block pointing ground that will cover models which you cannot shoot as normal - like Stalk or Sea Lions.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:21 pm 

My biggest request would be to change as little as possible while making improvements and PLAY TEST, PLAY TEST, PLAY TEST!!! Please don't follow the road of Warhammer 40K with endless new rules and complications that only serve to make the game harder to attract new players and on those of us who might not have the free time to read a 200+ page rulebook. Don't expand too much and avoid power creep; I want some polish on my shoes...not a whole new pair.

Focus on trying to make the game more intuitive and easy to read, understand and interpret so it's easier for players to follow and teach to others. If you're going to make some rewrites then focus on creativity blended with balance starting with any obvious errors instead of just changing things for the heck of it.

> Some more straightforward clarifications regarding armor saves and AVV saves as well as how they applied could be useful. I find the rules to be very good but some explanations to be lacking.

> The game seems to have a lot of modifiers regarding movement, shooting and different situations. While these modifiers work well, it could be streamlined to be more intuitive so people aren't forgetting to subract 2 here and add 4 there during gameplay.

> Some of the squad actions/combos such as focus fire and some rapid deployment scenarious can be really really powerful. Maybe that could use some adjustment but I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this...

> Could someone create a quick reference guide to go along with the flow charts? This would be very helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:37 pm 

CTC e-magazine #8 has quick reference sheets in it.

See ADG-Wraith's signature line for a link to back issues.

I'd be willing to bet there will be another if/when 2.0 significantly changes things.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:45 pm 

He changed his sig line....

Here is the link to back issues of CTC magazine: http://bit.ly/CTCarchive

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:35 am 

Yeah, I'm not sure why my sig block isn't coming up anymore... forum gremlins.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:05 pm 

ADG_Wraith wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure why my sig block isn't coming up anymore... forum gremlins.

I've noticed that as well. Both mine and yours have disappeared? Maybe this has something to do with the new volunteer mods and the clean up of the forums. I'd understand if they had turned it off for one reason or another.

Anyone else see on facebook where Jarek said 2.0 in 5 months? I think that puts us at April or May for new rules!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:18 pm 

He's also mentioned that may be the Beta version, with a full release later on.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:59 pm 

My and my friends have just started playing warzone and we too found some flaws. Most of the were mentioned in this thread (like similar names for stats, weapons, inconsitencies in rules) but from the perspective of someone who didn't play warzone before we could say that:

1. There are too many special rules in every book. I understand that a unit can have 2 special rules and some generic ones, but the way we see it - it's impossible to remeber what your units can reallly do on the battelfield.

2. Some special rules are extremly complicated (like Bauhaus Marshal / Captain supply tokens).

3. I know that hardcore warzone players may disagree, but i think that close combat needs some changes. It's hard to "see"" CC fights in your head the way they are now. For me, all models engaged in CC should be able to make some kind of action at the same time, like attack, counterattack, parry, dodge. The way i see fight right now - one guy runs to the other (engages). If he has one action point left - he strikes at the enemy, who patiently wait if his armor will save him. If it will, he still waits. For his turn of course - maybe, just maybe he will be activated to strike back. If not, he receives another strike and waits for armor to save him. It' just unnatural and takes away the narrative element of the game. If i tried to make a battle report after the game and describe a CC duel of two lords i would be unable to imagine it.

4. Again, this one may seem strange for those that know warzone for years, but i would love to see some kind of fluff entry for each unit in every book. For me, special rules and stats of each unit should be justified in each units backgrounds.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next