It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: The Cards
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:52 pm
Posts: 4
Hey folks, just wondering if the card set pdf is for one person or two? Reason I ask is because it supplies two heroes, two squads and two monsters.

Thanks, in advance! ^_^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cards
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 pm
Posts: 105
Location: Pais Vasco - Spain
Depending if you are playing 1.0 or 1.1

In the last versión (1.1) yo need diferent deck and rules.

Advanced Game Rules
- Card deck: minimum 35 cards including Strategy, Tactical and Gear cards.
- Maximium five cards in hand.
- You may draw up to one card every turn.
- Only one strategy card can be in play per turn.
- Only one tactical card can be in play per squad.
- Only three gear cards can be in play per player.

If you print the full PDF you will end with 81 cards and you can make 2 decks, but not identical decks. Build a deck will be part of the game, so I recomend you try first with a single print of the 10 pages. And after your first game maybe you will print some pages to fit your "deck strategy"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cards
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:52 pm
Posts: 4
Thanks Alakhai, and a little after I posted I noticed there's full playsets of every card in the pdf, which is very nice as playtesting won't be stale when you can modify your decks between games. =)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cards
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:19 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Sweden
I have a question about the cards as well. When i look at the blisters that i can buy it says 5 cards or 10 cards. Are these cards special cards that come with the blister/miniature or is it the amount of extra cards that you get in your deck when you have that miniature or is it something else?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cards
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:37 am
Posts: 260
snake wrote:
I have a question about the cards as well. When i look at the blisters that i can buy it says 5 cards or 10 cards. Are these cards special cards that come with the blister/miniature or is it the amount of extra cards that you get in your deck when you have that miniature or is it something else?

from my understanding these are just cards that have the variations of the unit and special rules for it on the card.

so say the cards for the imperial doom trooper might have 1 for melee version 1 for ranged version and special rules/equipment cards for each version for a total of 6 cards


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cards
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:19 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Sweden
Xaxius wrote:
snake wrote:
I have a question about the cards as well. When i look at the blisters that i can buy it says 5 cards or 10 cards. Are these cards special cards that come with the blister/miniature or is it the amount of extra cards that you get in your deck when you have that miniature or is it something else?

from my understanding these are just cards that have the variations of the unit and special rules for it on the card.

so say the cards for the imperial doom trooper might have 1 for melee version 1 for ranged version and special rules/equipment cards for each version for a total of 6 cards



Ok!! Thanks, that sounds great that they have different skills and equipment that are special for that type of miniature. Too bad you have to buy every miniature that you want to play with, and in that case can´t proxy say a golden lion squad with a blood beret squad. Or do you think all the cards that belong to every miniature/squad be listed in the rules?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cards
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:37 am
Posts: 260
snake wrote:
Ok!! Thanks, that sounds great that they have different skills and equipment that are special for that type of miniature. Too bad you have to buy every miniature that you want to play with, and in that case can´t proxy say a golden lion squad with a blood beret squad. Or do you think all the cards that belong to every miniature/squad be listed in the rules?

I think that they probably have all the basic info listed in the rules (statline, standard equipment, specialist info, common special rules) so the cards are probably mostly for quick reference during games so you don't have to keep pulling out and reading through the rulebook every time you want to know what a certain unit can do. although any new units post release wouldnt be in the base rulebook so you would have to buy them (or their cards) to see all their rules, at least until they are included in an expansion book.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cards
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:19 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Sweden
Xaxius wrote:
snake wrote:
Ok!! Thanks, that sounds great that they have different skills and equipment that are special for that type of miniature. Too bad you have to buy every miniature that you want to play with, and in that case can´t proxy say a golden lion squad with a blood beret squad. Or do you think all the cards that belong to every miniature/squad be listed in the rules?

I think that they probably have all the basic info listed in the rules (statline, standard equipment, specialist info, common special rules) so the cards are probably mostly for quick reference during games so you don't have to keep pulling out and reading through the rulebook every time you want to know what a certain unit can do. although any new units post release wouldnt be in the base rulebook so you would have to buy them (or their cards) to see all their rules, at least until they are included in an expansion book.


IF it is like you say that would be fantastic, hope you are right and thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cards
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:37 am
Posts: 260
snake wrote:
IF it is like you say that would be fantastic, hope you are right and thanks.


even if they aren't im sure someone will be able to get you the info you need that isn't in the rulebooks so you can still try units out before you buy them


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cards
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:47 pm
Posts: 5
I hope that this is the case.

I have come to this late, having missed the Kickstarter.
Therefore I dont have any pdf's of card sets etc.

I have ordered the rules, and some Brotherhood figs (since they are my favourite), but will order a second faction once I have read the rules and played a little.

As such, I'd want to play a couple of games with each faction to see what best fits my play style, then buy that one.

If the cards aren't in the rules, I cant afford to buy each faction and each entry just to try them out, and also cant risk buying a faction and finding that it just doesn't work (for me).

Here's hoping that they are in the rulebook.....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
skymiles_red v1.0.1 designed by Team -Programming forum-سيارات للبيع .