It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: The Cards
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:53 pm 

at this point I have enough info to confirm that all the stats you need for "Basic" play are in the rulebook the cards however are not included but the cards are for "Advanced" play and therefore optional if you pick up a starter it does come with a deck so that you can play advanced if you wish though.

and to make sure I am clear the only difference between "Basic" and "Advanced" that we have seen so far is that in advanced you have cards, that can do things like add a cover bonus to a unit that's in the open via a smoke grenades card, so you can still play just fine without the cards.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm 

I got my card set today 32 cards total, a mix of resorcecards, gearcards, tactical cards and strategycards i think.

I am not psyched about the quality though. The cards were larger then regular cards and straight edges and plastic-ish cover not regular playing-card surface. Some of the pictures on the cards had bad quailty with bad resolution so that the colors were effected.

With my scanner and a little harder paper then normal and plastic cover film i could make cards of the same quality as this.

At least one thumb down for these card, hope they make better ones in the future but at least they are playable.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:49 pm 

question about resource cards in advanced games. I see that the warlords come with alot more resource cards. Do the squad leaders still add resource cards as well? or is is just what the WL provides?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:59 pm 

troop squad leaders as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:06 am 

seven wrote:
troop squad leaders as well.

Where is this ruled?
I've read the advanced card section several times but are unable to find any rules regarding bonus cards for troop squad leaders. Furthermore it seems you don't loose your ressource cards if the warlord dies.

Actually to me it seems, that:
- in a basic game you get ResCards according to your warlord (3 or 4) and 1 additional ResCard for every troop squad leader. You loose cards if the appropriate model dies.
- in an advanced game you get ResCards according to your warlord (6 to 8) [Why get melee warlords the most cards?] but don't loose them, if he dies.

Is this the correct way?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:13 am 

p.22:
Resource Cards are not normally removable, however if a Warlord or Troop Squad Commander is removed from play, a number of Resource Cards equal to the number of Resource Cards it provided at the beginning of the Game are also lost

p.22:
Each Troop Squad Commander also provides 1 Resource Card. Resource Cards are allocated by the Warlord and Troop Squad Commanders, but they can be ‘Turned to Burn’ for any model in the Player’s force.

These rules are in effect for basic games and for advanced games. Unfortunately, there are 2 card sections in the book - I would have found it easier if there were only 1 section that says "this is for both, this is for basic, this is for advanced"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:27 pm 

Dunnagh wrote:
I would have found it easier if there were only 1 section that says "this is for both, this is for basic, this is for advanced"

Yeah, that would be better. Hopefully we see this in the next PDF...

By the way, any ideas, why melee warlord in advanced games get more cards?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:07 pm 

I remember something that CC warlords get 8 cause their units and themselves are more prone to need resources to stay alive until they reach the enemy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:14 pm 

Pax wrote:
I remember something that CC warlords get 8 cause their units and themselves are more prone to need resources to stay alive until they reach the enemy.

Yeah basically. The CC warlords are supposed to go for CC and thus die rather soon in a game or at least face higher chance of dying than other types of warlords, so they get just extra resource to use early. It makes sense and is based on feedback from players.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:43 pm 

It makes sense. But why get they this bonus only in advanced games?