It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Dice rolls vs game speed
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:13 am 

How do we run dice rolling? Rof4, so roll every hit individually or roll all 4 dice at once? My preference is to roll all at once. If any 20's emerge then the following action is lost (if there is one).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:38 am 

Deddog wrote:
How do we run dice rolling? Rof4, so roll every hit individually or roll all 4 dice at once? My preference is to roll all at once. If any 20's emerge then the following action is lost (if there is one).

Definitely worth clarifying. I think it was first edition that had you rolling individually as later shots could be lost. I prefer an ROF-x weapon to fire all shots at once and only lose remaining actions, not remaining shots.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:26 pm 

This actually intrigues me. For the last two iterations we have been assuming that the Spray rule only allowed you to hit two models, maximum. A Primary Target and a Secondary Target. You allocated the shots to them and rolled it all at the same time.

But looking at the step-by-step for shooting, it appears to imply that you fire each shot at a target before resolving the next and that you can walk fire to more than one new target.

I think that could definitely use some clarification. Since I haven't found any unit too devastating when they can only target two models per attack.

So this definitely has me wondering if Spray allows you to attack more than two targets, maximum. May want to add this to the clarification thread.