It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Rules version 1.1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:13 pm 

hoagmatt wrote:
I don't get why you can't take the same action twice. A lot of these issues and complex advanced actions wouldn't need to be there if a figure could take the same action twice.

in some degree you can, Running is x2 movement (2 actions spend), Shooting is limited by RoF (in some cases you will have weapons with RoF=2 or 3, or more), Movement is limited to 1 action (but if you want move twice.. Run).

This is just "simple" version of repeating the same action over and over.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:36 am 

I have a suggestion for the version 1.1 . Can you make model markers and cards with the gamerules, i will make some rules Crashtests

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:25 am 

Aim with 2RS/+2ST and the Rapid Fire with -2RS/Half Range...might work out pretty evenly.

I can see multiple cases of units trying to get into Rapid Fire range but would slowly get picked off by Aiming units. But when the unit did get into range the extra shots made a big impact.

Last edited by Kurt_R on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 pm 

COM 2D wrote:
My 2 cents on Aim vs Rapid Fire, for what it's worth:

-Aim Action: same as before plus +2 to St of the shot and Range is doubled.
-Rapid fire (advanced action) - RoF of model is increased by ONE, but RS (Range Skill is reduced by 2 for each shot) and Range is reduced by half.

You realy want to double the Range ?My Heavy Weapon has 36 Inch and the Light one across the Table ? Turn 1 i win the Ini and my First Unit has a Chance to kill one or 2 Units without moving .Sounds like fun :o

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:59 pm 

schwarzewolke wrote:
COM 2D wrote:
My 2 cents on Aim vs Rapid Fire, for what it's worth:

-Aim Action: same as before plus +2 to St of the shot and Range is doubled.
-Rapid fire (advanced action) - RoF of model is increased by ONE, but RS (Range Skill is reduced by 2 for each shot) and Range is reduced by half.

You realy want to double the Range ?My Heavy Weapon has 36 Inch and the Light one across the Table ? Turn 1 i win the Ini and my First Unit has a Chance to kill one or 2 Units without moving .Sounds like fun :o

I play war games with ranges longer than that, and it's never been a problem.

Having given it more thought, though, I would make it an "OR" situation:

-Aim Action: same as before plus +2 to St of the shot OR Range is doubled.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:39 pm 

My two coppers.

Aim: +2 rs and dam. distance unchanged.
Rf: +2 rs. spray. distance unchanged.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:03 am 

I think + 2 RS and +2 Str is better then doubling the Range .Shooting across the complete Table is Standard Units is not fun.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:55 am 

Jarek@Prodos wrote:
hoagmatt wrote:
I don't get why you can't take the same action twice. A lot of these issues and complex advanced actions wouldn't need to be there if a figure could take the same action twice.

in some degree you can, Running is x2 movement (2 actions spend), Shooting is limited by RoF (in some cases you will have weapons with RoF=2 or 3, or more), Movement is limited to 1 action (but if you want move twice.. Run).

It's actually not simple, since there needs to be additional rules for the advanced actions, while you could get away with less rules having the same effect if you allowed actions to be used more than once per activation. Less rules = faster play.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:51 am 

brynolf wrote:
Jarek@Prodos wrote:
hoagmatt wrote:

It's actually not simple, since there needs to be additional rules for the advanced actions, while you could get away with less rules having the same effect if you allowed actions to be used more than once per activation. Less rules = faster play.

It feels like the main advantage of having "advanced actions" is to restrict the amount of shooting/cc that can be done in a turn. I think it's great that you are limited in this way, and Run is just a way around that for one specific skill.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:51 am 

Also, yay 40mm!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next