Post subject: v1.1 tonight :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:08 am 

some major changes :)

Post subject: Re: v1.1 tonight :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:03 pm 

Uhhh, can´t wait!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:40 pm 

Unless tonight means something like 21:00 UK (which I doubt, given the tendency to upload at 00:00) I guess I'll be reading them tomorrow.
I'm in Spain, so it would mean 01:00 here and some of us work for a living ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:04 pm 

Sorry guys smal update , v1.1 is going through proofread today, lots updates based on our beta tests and your feedbacks, aiming at getting them out tonigh or tomorrow with our web page !!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:12 pm 

Eager to see it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:30 pm 

Can't wait to get my hands on it, should give me time to digest it before games night this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:48 am 

Yeeha! Can't wait :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:43 am 

Wow that's quite a big update, good to see close combat getting some attention. Really ought to try to arrange a test game at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:19 pm 

Thanks. Will there be weekly updates?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:53 am 

Hi everyone, I just went through the rules (v1.1040313) and I have to say that it looks promising. Although there is still a long way to go. Here are some feedbacks:

- CARDS: I like the idea of adding cards (mostly tactics) to the game, but please make sure that the "randomness factor" of the battle outcome isn't high due to this change. The idea of giving the equipment (e.g. grenades) to a squad in the middle of the fighting is a little weird however.
- SHOOTING: I have been missing the part about the shooting targeting. Is it that I am aiming at a specific model or squad? Can I shoot freely or I must target first the nearest enemy and only after the successful LD roll I am allowed to shoot freely? I would suggest to have the freedom, but in case the enemy is within some distance (e.g. 6 inches or M value) I must target him and roll a successful LD test to shoot at someone else.
- SHOOTING: I would propose that the models from the same squad do not block LOS to the target thus not diving their teammates the -4 to hit penalty. Or at least increase the range from current 1 inch to 2 inches or more.
- MORALE: As was already stated already I would propose to change the following: "A Squad loses 50% or more of the squad members (100% equals the number of models in the squad at the start of the turn)" to "A Squad loses 50% or more of the squad members (100% equals the number of models in the squad at the start of the game)". I know the first one is easier, but in my opinion it doesn't represents the situation in the middle of the fighting well. If you have 6 guys in a squad and 3 of them are down (e.g. 2 in the first turn and the other in the second) then the rest would start panicking. The assumption is that they know each other well and spend quite a time together during the training and etc. so they should feel for each other.
- MORALE: Are there any exceptions to the morale rule? E.g. winning the close combat even with the 50% casualties?
- WIN CONDITIONS: I would propose to add the objectives into the scenarios (not only kill points) but I guess that this section will be expanded later on so I will wait. :)
- BASIC ACTIONS: Just to clarify, all basic actions might be used only once per model's turn, right? E.g. I am not allowed to shoot twice with the same model nor make two attacks.
- BASIC ACTIONS: Can I turn freely the model as part of the shooting action so he will be facing the target of the shooting or do I need to move first (1st action point) and then shoot (2nd action point)?
- SENTRY ACTION: The rules say "Sentry actions can be used when a model in Sentry is targeted and can only be completed on a successful LD test." I would add that also a movement / engage action in the view of the model might trigger the sentry action or perhaps even other enemy actions (e.g. shooting on nearby friendly model / unit).
- SHOOTING INTO COMBAT: I like the option to shoot into the combat but the current definition feels strange to me. I would just count the target obscure rule (-4 to RS) and in case of hit there will be a 50% chance that the friendly model in close combat is hit. What do you think? Also I would ignore the break test as in the middle of the close combat you are fully occupied with the enemy and do not have the time to figure out who is shooting at you.
- CLOSE COMBAT: What is the value of CCWR? Is it different for different base size? Do all models in CCWR count as engaged? I would really like to see more examples of the Close combat as now it is a little hard to figure how to get into the close combat and etc. I know that you can get into the CC by engaging the enemy but should I make a B2B contact or it is sufficient to be in CCWR?
- CCWR and SHOOTING: Example: There are two friendly models close to each other (2 inches). One is engaged by the enemy and killed. The other one is however in the CCWR range of the enemy. If I want to shoot at the enemy with other model then it is counting as in the Combat or not?
- CLOSE COMBAT: If a model is attacked from behind can he turn in his turn for free? Does it count as the free Closing Action? The assumption is that he survives the attack. ;)
- SPECIAL CLOSE COMBAT ACTIONS: I like the idea of special actions but for close combat I would propose to keep it very simple and to add the special actions to specific models only. For the simplicity and game flow sake.
- SHOOTING WEAPONS: I would substitute the Strength value with Modification value. It will be easier to count and still work well with the Aim action bonus.

A general question is whether the troop roster for the forces will be part of the rules or special books of their own (e.g. Cybertronic army force)?

I wish you good luck and I am looking forward to see the Warzone "back in the game" as I have started my miniature table-top gaming with it. :D