It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:45 am 

First question:

Do you have to do an engage action to do a close combat attack. For example, I rapid deploy Blessed Vestal Laura within 1.5 inches of a Chassuer, can I issue an attack?

Second question:

Can a flamer shoot when engaged? For example, I upgrade a Valkyrie with a AC-31 Cleansing Flamethrower, I move to with 1.5 inches from an enemy model, can I shoot the flamethrower?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:27 am 

Only certain weapons can make shooting actions whilst engaged. Check the weapons area in the rulebook.

You do not have to 'engage' to make a CC attack. You won't get the Engage bonuses though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:26 pm 

Rob thanks for the quick reply!

You said to check the weapons section, but type (F) isn't listed in the Armory. Would it be somewhere else?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:05 am 

:ugeek:

Last edited by Horned God on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:53 am 

Horned god; I have no idea what you are talking about. What you describe has nothing to do with the question asked. I am reading the action rules in the rulebook at this very moment, and there is nothing stating you need to get in base-2-base contact to get the engage bonus. It simply states you need to reach CCWR, which is equal to the CCWR you have on your CC weapon.

The situation described above is actually about wether or not you can make CC attacks without first using an engage action (you can, but you don't get the engage bonus). What you are talking about is the definition of engaged. You -never- have to be in b2b contact in WZR, as long as you have a CCWR that is above B2B.

Point one: You get an engage bonus if the action you completed just prior to the CC action, during the same turn, was an engage action.
Point two: Any model that is within either their own CCWR, or an enemys' CCWR is considered engaged, and thus can only do CC-actions.

I don't see it as being any confusion at all?