It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mixing army lists ?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:08 am
Posts: 14
Greetings !

I couldn't find the answer to this simple question in the rulebook : are you allowed to take units from different Corporations in one army ?

Thanks !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mixing army lists ?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 371
No. There are only few exception that allows you to take units from different army list in your force. 1 squad of Brotherhood Troopers or Valkyries can be fielded in Capitol/Bauhaus/Imperial force. 1 squad of Chasseurs or Armoured Chasseurs can be fielded in Mishima force that is led by Nozaki. Lords with Doomtrooper can be fielded in Brotherhood force. Heroes with Cartel Agent can be fielded in any force except Dark Legion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mixing army lists ?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:08 am
Posts: 431
Location: Yeosu, South Korea
And I personally hope it will stay that way. I like the idea of being able to field some units from different corps, but I really dislike the idea of rules that allow alliances. It does sell more miniatures, but completely takes away uniqueness of each army IMHO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mixing army lists ?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 371
seven wrote:
And I personally hope it will stay that way. I like the idea of being able to field some units from different corps, but I really dislike the idea of rules that allow alliances. It does sell more miniatures, but completely takes away uniqueness of each army IMHO.

Completely agree.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mixing army lists ?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:20 pm
Posts: 763
Location: Sweden
If you really want to do it let one player play two small forces on an opponent who plays one larger one. Treat the two forces as you would any two forces (but since they both are under the command of a single player firing on each other would seem inadvisable).


Last edited by TheDungen on Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mixing army lists ?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:08 am
Posts: 14
Many thanks guys !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mixing army lists ?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:46 am
Posts: 107
Location: Dallas, TX
Shadow Walker wrote:
No. There are only few exception that allows you to take units from different army list in your force. 1 squad of Brotherhood Troopers or Valkyries can be fielded in Capitol/Bauhaus/Imperial force. 1 squad of Chasseurs or Armoured Chasseurs can be fielded in Mishima force that is led by Nozaki. Lords with Doomtrooper can be fielded in Brotherhood force. Heroes with Cartel Agent can be fielded in any force except Dark Legion.


In prior versions (and in the Fluff™) there are Cartel forces which are composed of units from the various corporations (units from the MegaCorps but the only individual models are Cartel Agents, Doomtroopers, or from the Brotherhood). I would hope we eventually see Cartel armies, but there should be restrictions so its not just a "Best of the Best" army.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mixing army lists ?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 371
jtisdel wrote:
Shadow Walker wrote:
No. There are only few exception that allows you to take units from different army list in your force. 1 squad of Brotherhood Troopers or Valkyries can be fielded in Capitol/Bauhaus/Imperial force. 1 squad of Chasseurs or Armoured Chasseurs can be fielded in Mishima force that is led by Nozaki. Lords with Doomtrooper can be fielded in Brotherhood force. Heroes with Cartel Agent can be fielded in any force except Dark Legion.


In prior versions (and in the Fluff™) there are Cartel forces which are composed of units from the various corporations (units from the MegaCorps but the only individual models are Cartel Agents, Doomtroopers, or from the Brotherhood). I would hope we eventually see Cartel armies, but there should be restrictions so its not just a "Best of the Best" army.

Yeah I know. But I prefer current state. It is fluffy that Brotherhood coordinates efforts against Dark Legion. So I am happy without separate Cartel army.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mixing army lists ?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:22 pm
Posts: 213
I hope they keep the different Dark Apostels separated, too,

I could imagine to have a special campaign in the future.
The forces could be pre definited forces for the Cartel and the Dark Legion with all apostels.

But for a standard game I would like to see old forces be separated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mixing army lists ?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:20 pm
Posts: 763
Location: Sweden
The apostles have been one faction (at least in 1st ed, cant say about 2nd and UWZ), the corporations haven't. While I can see the balancing profit of having them as different, choices are more important to me than balance.

Also without algeroth the less open war inclined apostles have quite slim forces. And I'd rather see Prodos spending their time getting all apostles out there than coming up with 5-7 new units per apostle (because they'll need about twice what they have to be functioning factions). I'd rather that Prodos added stuff when they feel they have a good idea than make up units simple because they feel obliged to in order to make a faction viable.

And the background supports there being massive crossover between the apostles, for an example you have the device known as a nekromania which produces undead legionaries who are from algeroth, but it can only be summoned by Ilian


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
skymiles_red v1.0.1 designed by Team -Programming forum-سيارات للبيع .