It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Mixing army lists ?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:18 am 

Yeah I did write that they work together against a common enemy (mankind) but they are also enemies amongst themselves (see general fluff abut DL apostles in warzone 1 ed, and rpg core rules 1st/2nd editions). I read some in the Ilian sourcebook yesterday and there it is stated that she wants to wipe out Algeroth. This will of course wait until mankind has been dealt with. The books also seem to suggest that Algeroth have quite a few magi himself so I guess his brothers are more supplied by Ilians nepharites than he is.

As I see it, the Apostles are the Dark Legion as much as the megacorporations are mankind, they fight each other but will unite against a common enemy. Due to the scale of WZR, I personally don't think it makes sence having a small warband that is compromised by 5 units each coming from a different apostle. I also think that just throwing all units into one big stew of Dark Legion would risk that each Apostle would loose their unique touch.

Anyway, just because I would like to see them as separate factions doesn't mean I think mixing units from different apostles are all bad. It means that I'd rather see this as an exception rather than the norm. It can be done like it is with the corporate armies (some BH units in Capitol/Bauhaus/Imperial, Cybertronic in Mishima etc) 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:26 am 

You might as well say they are one mega corporation Mishima, Imperial and Bauhaus is just as prone to fighting internally other as the dark legion is (especially imperial is like this since each of their more powerful clans have their own units). And the corporations are at open war with each other the apostles are more of in a cold war with each other.

How about a compromise, a rule that allows combined apostle forces against combined corporation (and brotherhood forces).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:34 am 

Sebulba wrote:
and is rumored doing this with Semai.

Sorry I didn't get the memo who am I killing again ;) ;)

Sebulba wrote:
I fear that having dark legion as only one faction would dilute the indentities of the apostles. I don't want to see armies where you have a Nepharite of Semai leading a few children of Ilian, a group of heretic legionnaires, a pair of praetorian stalkers and finally a cairath as the icing of the cake. But that's me.. :?

And whats wrong with that army :( sounds good to me.

I like the idea that they are all part of the same side like Bauhaus but unlike Bauhaus the Apostles (Houses) are a bit more competitive to get complete control for there race/beliefs, as its a skirmish game I can see no harm in giving each of them there own units/forces to control to be used with the current units on offer, they can all have undead legionaries, Razides, Necrobeast riders, but each have a special themed unit for themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:03 pm 

TheDungen wrote:
How about a compromise, a rule that allows combined apostle forces against combined corporation (and brotherhood forces).

I would support that :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:12 pm 

More like a special scenario now that I think of it, or that in big enough games you can do it...

I'd still prefer dark legion being one army but if I'm going to be overruled by balance issues anyway then I'll settle for some special way to field all my forces.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:49 pm 

It may be that we see a return of The Horde, the Cultists, and the Apostle-specific troops. So, you can have a Ilian army where your troops and some support come from the Horde (Undead Legionnaires, Necromutants, and Razides) or Cultists (players to be named later ;) ) and then add in your Apostle forces (Scions, Templars and Wheel Templars). Thus you get a Ilian type force. Since you're playing Ilian, you dont' get to bring a Metropolitan Prophet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:31 pm 

What are you talking about? Something from second edition and UWZ? I only played first edition so...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:57 pm 

The only time I hope to see mixed forces is when a specific hero or unit states that they can be taken. I don't want to see an allied force composition like in a specific other popular wargaming system. To me, it would make even less sense in WZR than it does in the other universe. Sure, there is fluff talking about forces deciding not to kill each other and assaulting the citadel, but that is the exception and not the norm.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:18 am 

Actually the corporations ally and backstab each other all the time. War is just good business.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:36 am 

A bit off topic, but to my experience when we play 3-4 players in Warzone we always form and break alliances that sometimes lasts for just a squad round or two. :D I just see that behavior fitting straight into Warzone so that it is how I would compare it with the fluff of alliances and betrayals. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next