It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:42 am 

baran wrote:
From the wording I took it to mean:
5 - 9 men = 2 upgrades
10 - 12 men (max squad size) = 4 upgrades

It is exactly like that and it is clear from the rules. I cannot even see how one could read it differently.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:58 am 

The Blue Shark wrote:
Kurt_R wrote:
Valkyries can only take one Art Power instead of the normal 1-2. At least that's how I read it.

The question is not if they can take more but is one "mandatory" or optional?

The wording of "may upgrade" is prob not the best but think the intention was to note they take 1 Art Power only so can't take a second Art Power like most Brotherhood units.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:41 pm 

Hello.

Some questions to you.

The shielded/guarded skill works against template weapons (i.e FT and shotguns)?

What the range modifiers found p. 59/60 and 68 (Grenades) is referring to?

With best regards.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:21 pm 

Q: The individual cost for an Etoiles Mortant trooper is 15 points, but the base squad @ 85 points, works out to be 17 pts a piece. Which is correct?

Q: The description reads "When fighting a model in CC that causes Fear (X), Mitch Hunter may once per Game Turn either re-roll his own RS test or force his opponent to re-roll a successful Armour test." Should that be "his own CC test"?

Q: I just wanted to confirm that the Tech Warlord Tactic #4 (31st "Ironsiders" Light Armoured Record Battalion) is supposed to cost 0 (zero) points?

Q: What is the points cost for Capitol Tech Warlord Tactic #6 (6th Diggers Combat Engineer Battalion)? There isn't one listed.

Q: The Vulcan Battlesuit main weapon listing includes the MG-80 HMG, however the Squad Upgrades section lists MG-70 HMG (and the illustration on page 286 shows the gun as MG-70). Is the weapon name a typo?

Q: In the Squad Upgrades section section about Airborne Cavalry, it says:

Quote:
..but also receive the 'Rapid Deployment' Special Rule...

However, under the Special Skills (Airborne Cavalry) it lists Rapid Deployment, Target Sense, and Stay Frost. Should "Stay Frosty" also be listed in the Squad Upgrades section?

Q: Does the effect of the Dissention special skill result in reducing a squad's coherency by 1" while that squad's commander/acting commander is within range of the model with Dissension?

Q: Another question - regarding the Bauhaus Doctrine "Smoke Flare" -

The text of the rule states:

Quote:
Every Model within 3" of the Smoke Flare cannot be targeted by Ranged Attacks or Engage Actions (unless the shooter has a Special Skill enabling it to ignore effects or Modifiers to LOS).

Does this exception only apply to Ranged Attacks (since it refers to shooter) or does it also mean that any model with a Special Skill (i.e. Predator Senses) that allows it to engage without LOS is an exception?

Q: Page 211, Dr. Diana Lord, Close Combat Weapon: Auto-Injector: The R stat is missing. I assume that it is B2B as in the Dr. Diana Squad Upgrade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:57 pm 

Thx jtisdel think I added all of those to the list. Some of typos were fixed in the PDF but will list them for the printed book.

Will add the suppression questions as well although have to dig around as I swore some were clarified from the first PDF.

Also add the templates vs SW/Troopers Shield and Cardinalis vs Fearless.

The max you can get with one attack is Critical Force (4) and Critical Damage (4).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:16 pm 

This may or may not have been clarified earlier, but with cards that can only be played on troop type squads: can they be played on units that have become troop type through tactics and special abilities. I.E. Free Marines under Big Bob, or any warlord with 11th avenging angels and banshees, or the blue shark and his lone squad of banshees?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:29 pm 

C. Paladine wrote:

What the range modifiers found p. 59/60 and 68 (Grenades) is referring to?

With best regards.

Examples of range modifiers from the Dark symmetry powers: Necrovisual link that halves range. Blindness that reduces RS to 1.
Grenades are affected, Flamers/shotguns are not. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:04 pm 

Thats why we need a FAQ. (or better wording in the book).

To me a range modifier, modifiy RANGE (inches) not RANGE SKILL, thats why the Razide Unstoppable Special Skill is confusing too.

One thing is 'Range Modifier' (-6", halved, etc)

Other thing is 'Range Skill Modifier' (-2 or -4 to RS)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:12 pm 

Alakhai, light bless him :twisted: , understand like me but i can accept your opinion Sebulba.

Thanks for your come back guys.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:45 pm 

Alakhai, Paladine: I might be wrong with that Blindness that affect RS is not a kind of range modifier but semantics aside it will still be the end result: flamers do not need RS to hit (thus unaffected) and grenades do so they are affected.

Edited: I was wrong about shotguns :). As you do need to take a RS for shotguns and it also says it is unaffected by range modifiers I would say that range modifiers are simply modifiers affecting range in inches, like necrovisual link

That makes it clear for the razide as well as I see it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next