It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:45 pm 

Apologies if this has been asked before but I've been unable to find the answer in the FAQ or rules document. In short, what is my opponent entitled to know and when are they entitled to know it? Do we alert one another to the existence of Rapid Deploying troops in our lists, or do they function like AD in Infinity?What about squad upgrades like 'The Moment Has Come!"? In an advanced game do we disclose our card list?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:25 pm 

I can't see any reason to tell my opponent what cards I have in my deck. After all, the rules say that you shouldn't show your opponent your hand. As for the other stuff, I'm disclosing the kind of stuff (weapons, squad leader, special gear upgrades etc) that reasonably be seen by looking at the soldiers on the battlefield as well as anything that would be evident by reading the squad's entry in the rulebook (special skills). If my opponent wants to go through all the work of keeping his rapid deployments hidden until he drops them, I'm not going to nag about it. To me though it seems like a lot of work for very little gain. If the other guy plays Capitol for example and deploys an army that looks quite small and keeps a "secret box" beside side the table, it's not really hard to figure out what's in it. In keeping with my idea of "stuff you'd see by looking at the soldiers on the battlefield", you wouldn't be able to see the amount of parachute troops the enemy has at their disposal even if you knew they are around somewhere. Other than the card deck, there doesn't seem to be any definite rules on what to disclose or not.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:21 pm 

Every game I played was:
Cards secret
Resources/Army Lists not secret.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:04 am 

You are right that the cards need to be secret. It is in one of the videos that I watched that stated that the cards in the deck are to replicate the unknown. To paraphrase: ' when you come upon an enemy you don't know if they have grenades or even what kind of ammo they are carrying.'

Force lists are public so that you can justify your points. Years ago I used to play in 500 point tournaments pretty frequently at the local Nerd Store. You had to watch some of the players because Cybernetic Power Arms, Command Helmets and laser sights would magically appear or move between Heroes.