It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:09 am 

Hi Everyone!

Brand new Warzone player here :D 7 days long in fact since picking up the Bauhaus starter set at Dragonmeet in London last week (my cohort picked up Mishima)

Anyway I'm 95% comfortable on the rules but I have a specific query (and apologies if this has been discussed before)

So to perform the 'Engage' action costs 1 action point, does this INCLUDE a close combat attack or does the close combat attack itself still cost a second action point

Reason I ask is that most examples in the rule book are "Character preforms a move action followed by an engagement action" which seems pointless for most characters that only have 2AP

Thanks in Advance!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:46 am 

The engage action costs 1 AP and is just the movement. The idea behind it is that you can't engage enemies you cannot see, thus starting with a movement for example to turn around, move around a corner etc. and then engage in order to get the engage bonus. An engage action is also up to double movement. If your soldier can see his target right from the moment you activate him, then great, engage right away for 1 AP and then follow up with a close combat action. If you had to move a bit before engaging, you have to TTB one resource in order to get enough AP to make the attack.

Hope that helped. =)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:17 am 

Ah I get you, brilliant thanks for that :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:12 am 

Is it possible to move (not engage) 1AP and perform CC attack? Or do I have to engage first?
Situtation: enemy is 5" around the corner. No LOS at the beginning. Can i move 3" turn and move another 2" and then perform melee attack?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:39 am 

Yes, if you are within CCWR-range you can CC-attack, no need to perform engage-action first