It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:40 am 

Hello,

I just played some games and few questions came out, maybe you guys can help me:

1. If a model is engaged in his rear, does he gets the opportunity to turn and face the enemy as soon as he will be activated (like a kind of free closing action)? Or will he keep fighting with the enemy on his back (in this case he couldn't make the attack as he could only make an attack in his front facing)?

2. Bonus from Aim are granted to the first shot in case of a ROF >1. What about the opportunity to choose the hit location of a vehicle? Does this option still apply to the first attack or to all the shots of the ROF?

3. If a weapon with ROF >1 shot to the captain of a squad and to the only model within 2" how does the guarded rule works? Do I have to first check if the other model will survive and then apply guard or the all shots will be allocated to the not captain model?

Sorry for the english, I'm writing from Italy.
Thank you very much for any help that you could provide

Alessio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:04 pm 

1. It seems logical that the defender would get a free close action to enable him to attack the guy hitting him in the back. I don't have the book in front of me though so I can't give you a solid ruling.

2. Any bonus you get from aiming affects the first shot only.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:34 pm 

Hey,

1. "The ‘Free Closing’ Action can only be made as a part of activating a non-vehicle model, before any Action Points are spent within the Facing which the Model is Engaged with"(rules PDF p.43).

So yay, the model turns towards the enemy model.

2. What Bergqvist said.

3. Ranged attacks happen simultaneously. So it doesn't matter if the weapon has ROF 2 or ROF 100. All shots will be redirected at the poor chap next to the commander. In that case it's better to place the shots all around, I believe.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:53 pm 

Hi

Bergqvist wrote:
3. Ranged attacks happen simultaneously. So it doesn't matter if the weapon has ROF 2 or ROF 100. All shots will be redirected at the poor chap next to the commander. In that case it's better to place the shots all around, I believe.

Hey Mickey are u really sure about 3? It sounds very strong. For example a razide shoots at a warlord and cause 3 wound effects. Is it possible to relocate all 3 wounds to one poor troop model next to him?

greetings VoDDster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:19 pm 

RAW, that is correct for #3. There has been a clarification on facebook that it is intended to be 'up to the maximum number of wounds of the other model', but until an errata comes out that's not yet the case.

FWIW, use your first shooter(s) to strip away the enemy within 2" of a leader, then your later shooters can take them out directly.