It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:04 pm 

Okay, I need some clarification here. I'm still learning this game, and need some help. I'm asking abit this skill in particular:

Active: The Fog: At the beginning of the MacGuire’s Activation,
Turn to Burn 3 Resource Cards, every Model within
8” of MacGuire (including himself) cannot make or be targeted
by Ranged attacks this Game Turn. Designer note: If
a Model is unable to make a Ranged Attack, then, it cannot
use any Special Skills related to his Ranged Weapon.

1) Does The Fog active skill also prevent making and being targeted by Psychic (S) ranged attacks? (I'm thinking 'yes', but if I want to overuse this ability vs a certain psychic heavy Mishima army, I wish to be certain)

2) How does this relate to flamer/shotgun template weapons? Can a model affected by the fog recieve hits from these template weapons?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:05 am 

The way i see it (i use him a lot) is:

1) Yes, because Psychic (S) are considered Shooting Attack, meaning you cant do it and shoot normally because both are a Shooting Attack. Pg67 mentions "Shooting psychic power actions count as basic shooting actions, but instead use WP..." so they are indeed affected by the Fog (both ways, so you can cockblock an opponent psychic guy with it lol) -- Do remember though that some attacks or other effects that still count as Psychic (S) can go through The Fog because they do not target a model (such as the ki power ... what is it Path of Lava? line effect on the ground that lasts the turn)

2) Templates that do not require you to point at a specific target (which is most of them, flamers/shotguns included) can be used through The Fog. Shotgun is a gray area since you are performing normal RS actions, but you are not "targeting" any models. However it would be difficult to land either flamers or shotguns unless the target is sitting at the edge of The Fog anyway, since you cant shoot if youre in it too (it doesnt discriminate between friendly/nonfriendly models)
Most blast templates require a target, so they cannot be fired directly into the fog but can scatter into it fine. Ones with the Grenade (G) rule, however, can simply target a point that happens to be at the feet of someone in The Fog. This is generally a good tactic anyway since it dodges all "Targeting a model..." type RS modifiers such as Imperial Smoke Screens.

I guess "technically" you could Rail through The Fog too if there was something on the other side of it not covered by it...but that would be insanely situational lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:15 am 

Just to be a real bastard, Cyber could deploy a Voltigeur, drop a drone where they want to shoot and rail through it into their intended target... but yeah, very much situational.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:30 pm 

Alright, thanks for that