It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:41 am 

Ok this clarification may be a bit silly, but I want to make sure I'm understanding this right. It has more to do with the debate raging over cards than anything else.

From the v 1.2 rules regarding point costs for units...

"Each unit can be given gear as part of their initial cost. Gear cards in the decks represent ‘special orders’, gear found on the battlefield and parachuted in as the battle progresses."

Now the way I read this, sentence 1 is saying that you can spend extra points on a squad to let it start with a special and/or heavy weapon (similar to 40k). Meanwhile sentence 2 seems to be trying to differentiate gear cards from these pre-determined unit "upgrades".

Some seem to have it in their head that you can only give additional gear to units via cards.

So which is it? And if I am right, may I suggest making the difference between the two clearer in the next version of the beta rules?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:09 am 

Deadjester wrote:
Some seem to have it in their head that you can only give additional gear to units via cards.

And the likelihood Gear you can assign is not the same as Gear you can get via cards depending how Prodos revises these rules in 1.3. If you can also assign any card gear at the start as non-cards but for use throughout the game per model that would be great. Of course depending on how card use changes you may have two different cost values; 1 to play a card, and second value to assign as gear to a model in your army list.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:59 pm 

I have a question about ‘Suppression Fire’ action. If I understand it correctly, if the targeted enemy model died in result of suppression fire of the first shooting model (first shot kill), the rest of shooting models cannot shoot at any different target?

One more question about focus fire. The rule states that "Roll to hit only once (ignoring
models RoF) with a +6 modifier to RS (use the highest RS value of the ‘Focus firing’ models)."

So if a lord or hero is able to join squads and he/she is participating in "focus fire" I can use his/her RS?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:02 pm 

You are correct on all counts there, I believe!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:35 pm 

Alakhai wrote:
About rules 1.2

Power Shot Rule 1 on a D20
If you roll a 1 charging with a Monster with the proper bonuses, or with the example Sherman Model 7, or another situation, doing Critical Force 2 or more, this means that you do 2 or more wounds automatically that cannot be saved? If this is yes, you can use heal? That heal "heals" all the wound effect, 2 or more wounds with only 1 roll?

Fumble Rule 20 on a D20
If you roll a 20 in your first attack of your RoA or RoF, on your first action, you turn ends inmediatelly?

Anyone can clarify this please?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:21 pm 

re: Cumulative Cover (rules v1.2)

For an object to count as cover, it must cover 25% of the facing area and cover is cumulative. How is multiple cover taken into account?

1. Does one count all the obstacles that the line between firing model and target crosses?
or
2. You take a model's eye view and see which cover is in the way?

In the second instance what happens if: cover near the firing model completely obscures cover further away? Does the 2nd cover still give a modifier?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:20 pm 

Also seeking some clarification on the Suppression Fire rules in 1.2:

1: Are you suppressing individual models (thus a "suppressed" counter for each) or are you suppressing an entire squad? I believe it is the former?

2:
Quote:
At least one model from firing squad must be in range of the target models.

Since at least 3 models have to participate in this squad action, how does this affect things - if at all - if the other 2 (at a minimum) are not in range of the enemy model being suppressed?

3:
Quote:
If an enemy model under ‘suppression fire’ moves more than 2” (in the same Turn) it must take Con Test, if test is failed the model takes an automatic St14 hit (piercing).

Does this mean that multiple attackers in the squad that has taken the suppressing fire action can all suppress the same model, resulting in multiple Con tests if that target moves more than 2"?

4: I assume that if you have a squad being suppressed, but instead of activating them, you activate another squad who then eliminate (or Break.. but probably not Pin) the enemy unit who took the Suppressing Fire action, your original squad is no longer suppressed?

As an aside, did you consider using a template so that an area in LoS could be suppressed instead, perhaps with the total number of shots being fired (including RoF) deciding the size of the template? Obviously this is less effective against a dispersed enemy but would allow area denial and more importantly, would present a threat to targets not currently in line of sight (e.g. a squad where three of it's members are in LoS behind a low wall but still in cohesion with the other seven who are around the corner of a building and currently out of LoS. If the other seven moved through the template they would be subject to the Con test if they moved more than 2").

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:54 pm 

Hello

I have had My first test of the rules and have some questions.
1: My hero was fighting 3 models in close combat, 2 in the forward ark and one in the back. My hero kills the two models in his forward arc turn 3. When i activate him in turn 4 can he turn to face the guy in the back or must he disengage and take massive hit to get free? Dident find anything about turning around only that you can move in the enemies forward arc.
2: what do the AAV stat on the weapons meen?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:10 pm 

It's AVV and it's Anti Vehicle Value. Obviously to be determined when vehicle rules exist.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:20 am 

as worded the rapid fire action takes 2 actions to preform but dosent actually allow you to shoot it just gives that model +1ROF and -2RS for the phase and 1/2 range during the Rapid fire action (which since it dosent actually let him shoot dosent mater)

so in order to actually shoot with rapid fire I would first have to use the rapid fire action then "turn to burn" for another action to use the shooting action

rapid fire should be re worded to say(changes in red):
Rapid Fire – A model completing Rapid Fire gains RoF(+1), and -2 to RS for all shots this phase, then immediately takes a free shooting action (this action does not take an additional action but still counts as the models one shooting action) Weapon Range is halved during this action.

or something similar.

otherwise you either end up with having to turn to burn in order to actualy shoot and not having a range penalty, or being able to shoot with rapid fire with the range penalty and then turn to burn to use the normal shooting action and get the +1ROF -2RS of rapid fire again with out the range penalty.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next