It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:56 am 

It would be great if Rob or Prodos would collect all Rule Clarifications (FAQs etc.) and to present them in a closed topic (so that nobody can mess around in the topic itself ;) ).

It would help to sort and to link them to the books and pages, too.

It is very time consuming to find the answers and to detect which question is already solved and which one is still open or asked at all :? .

As a good reference I can recommended a similar system like you can find in the "Excelsior Entertainment Forums".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:59 am 

Yep, I will see what I can do.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 am 

how tall are the markers (like the C4 tokens and the mirage generators) for purposes of determining cover and line of sight when attempting to destroy them?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:17 am 

ok so I found out that the mirage generators are 1 inch tall (says so in the ability) so it might have been a bad one to use as an example but the "Emerald Bastion" token does not have a height listed and im sure there are others

also how tall is the "wall of fire"? if I put a wall of fire in a dry riverbed does it affect the gap in the destroyed bridge 2" above it? what if it was 4" above it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:54 pm 

1) How does Vehicle Close Combat work? Going through the vehicle rules, I find that the 'engage' action costs 2AP. Actually battling does cost 1 AP, too, right? That would mean I can only 'walk' with the other AP? But: I can only do 1 'Movement' Action per Turn. Moving AND engaging should not work (=2 moving actions). But that again would leave every vehicle with an engaging range of only 5''. Surely this cannot be!?

2) Close Combat against vehicles: How come I can 'aim' in Ranged combat against vehicles but when I stand before the tank, I cannot aim where I want to hit the thing in close combat? Or did I miss that rule?

3) Golgothas Mirror: Either totally OP or totally screwed up in the rules. As it is now, she can use it anytime in her turn for 2AP, zapp to anywhere in 12'' and then charge normally, giving her an effective attack Range of 24''.

4) Unnatural Leap from Razides: Does he actually 'leap'? The question came up because we didnt know whether to measure the distance from him to the target model in a straight line or the actual way he had to walk (target model was standing on an elevated level, Razide would have had to 'walk' around the corner to get to a ladder. Or simply 'leap' 3'' up. )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:21 pm 

Dunnagh wrote:

3) Golgothas Mirror: Either totally OP or totally screwed up in the rules. As it is now, she can use it anytime in her turn for 2AP, zapp to anywhere in 12'' and then charge normally, giving her an effective attack Range of 24''.

The mirror counts as a move action and you are not allowed to move more than Movement Value x2 during an activation (p.32) so 12'' range. It's still a nice ability though :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:33 pm 

That is correct and clarified if you read a little closer! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:18 pm 

Does the effect of the Dissention special skill result in reducing a squad's coherency by 1" while that squad's commander/acting commander is within range of the model with Dissension?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:52 pm 

Another question - regarding the Bauhaus Doctrine "Smoke Flare" -

The text of the rule states:

Every Model within 3" of the Smoke Flare cannot be targeted by Ranged Attacks or Engage Actions (unless the shooter has a Special Skill enabling it to ignore effects or Modifiers to LOS).

Does this exception only apply to Ranged Attacks (since it refers to shooter) or does it also mean that any model with a Special Skill (i.e. Predator Senses) that allows it to engage without LOS is an exception?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:22 pm 

And another question!

In the Squad Upgrades section for the Bauhaus Hussars, it says:

The whole squad may be equipped with Anti-Infantry Grenades for 5 points per Model.

However, under the Ranged Weapons section, there is no entry for Anti-Infantry Grenades. There is an entry for the GW-170 UBGL, is this what is meant by "Anti-Infantry Grenades"?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next