It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:18 pm 

Look under the weapons rules for Grenades. It is a generic weapon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:37 pm 

Thanks.

The Vulcan Battlesuit main weapon listing includes the MG-80 HMG, however the Squad Upgrades section lists MG-70 HMG (and the illustration on page 286 shows the gun as MG-70). Is the weapon name a typo?

Sorry for all these little questions, but I'm working on the Army Builder data files and so I'm crawling over the details of the entries. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:23 pm 

**Deleted by Author - I was quite confused and should know to have coffee before I start building an army list. **

Post subject: Capitol Airborne Cavalry
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:54 pm 

In the Squad Upgrades section section about Airborne Cavalry, it says:

Quote:
..but also receive the 'Rapid Deployment' Special Rule...

However, under the Special Skills (Airborne Cavalry) it lists Rapid Deployment, Target Sense, and Stay Frost. Should "Stay Frosty" also be listed in the Squad Upgrades section?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:27 pm 

jtisdel wrote:
Thanks.

The Vulcan Battlesuit main weapon listing includes the MG-80 HMG, however the Squad Upgrades section lists MG-70 HMG (and the illustration on page 286 shows the gun as MG-70). Is the weapon name a typo?

Sorry for all these little questions, but I'm working on the Army Builder data files and so I'm crawling over the details of the entries. :)

I would go with the mg-70 seeing as it looks as though it was a typo.

jtisdel wrote:
In the Squad Upgrades section section about Airborne Cavalry, it says:

Quote:
..but also receive the 'Rapid Deployment' Special Rule...

If no one answers this before I get settled in this evening, I will flip through my book and check, but gut feeling says yes, squad upgrade (book is packed away at the moment).

However, under the Special Skills (Airborne Cavalry) it lists Rapid Deployment, Target Sense, and Stay Frost. Should "Stay Frosty" also be listed in the Squad Upgrades section?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:07 pm 

In fluff of Crucifier it is stated that they have cut any link to Art they could have but in rules they can have 3 Art powers. I am confused. Which one is true?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:34 pm 

This might have been stated in the rules but I missed it - are sources of Critical Force or Critical Damage cumulative? For example while performing an Engage action, the ST of a Vulcan's Hydraulic Power Fists rises to 20, equating to Critical Force (4). But their Active Ability allows you to TTB:1 to give all close combat attacks Critical Force (2). Do they add together or do you simply use the higher of the two?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:38 pm 

oops.. and another thing. Can you perform a basic Move action to get a model into CCWR of an enemy model and then make a Close Combat attack (albeit without the Engage bonuses)? The spirit of the rules would lead me to believe the answer is no, and that you have to perform an Engage action prior to initiating that attack. However there is a statement on p62 that reads "Models in at least one enemy Close Combat Weapon Range (CCWR) always count at engaged." which leads me to wonder if this is actually possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:54 pm 

Just a shot, but...

does it really matter if you came close with an engage action OR a regular movement action? Ok, the latter would mean you could run (2AP) and then attack (1AP with turn to burn for an extra AP).

But I asked myself the same thing. Perhaps what they meant was
"Models that begin their activation in close combat range of an enemy always count as engaged"

Also, the phrasing:
"Models in at least one enemy Close Combat Weapon Range (CCWR) always count at engaged." seem to incline that if I am not in CCWR of an enemy, I am never counting as engaged (although someone is in my CCWR, which is higher than my opponents)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:54 pm 

Siygess wrote:
This might have been stated in the rules but I missed it - are sources of Critical Force or Critical Damage cumulative? For example while performing an Engage action, the ST of a Vulcan's Hydraulic Power Fists rises to 20, equating to Critical Force (4). But their Active Ability allows you to TTB:1 to give all close combat attacks Critical Force (2). Do they add together or do you simply use the higher of the two?

C Damage is VS AVV, C Force is vs AV. One for armoured vehicles and one for bio.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next