It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:06 pm 

I know, I mean with themselves, not with each other ;)

e.g. the HP Fists start out with Critical Damage (2), and Critical Force (2) if you TTB:1. But if you also Engage, the ST of the HP Fists goes up to 20 on the next CC attack which grants Critical Force (4). So are those two sources of Critical Force (2 and 4) cumulative? My feeling is that they shouldn't be but I just want it clarified :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:10 pm 

Dunnagh wrote:
Just a shot, but...

does it really matter if you came close with an engage action OR a regular movement action? Ok, the latter would mean you could run (2AP) and then attack (1AP with turn to burn for an extra AP).

But I asked myself the same thing. Perhaps what they meant was
"Models that begin their activation in close combat range of an enemy always count as engaged"

Also, the phrasing:
"Models in at least one enemy Close Combat Weapon Range (CCWR) always count at engaged." seem to incline that if I am not in CCWR of an enemy, I am never counting as engaged (although someone is in my CCWR, which is higher than my opponents)

I think the answer is more significant for vehicles, where an Engage action costs 2 AP instead of the usual 1. If you can perform a Move action to get into CCWR and thereby count as Engaged, then the awesome Meka can Shoot (1), Move (1) and perform a CC attack (1) without needing to play the card which grants +1 AP to Walkers :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:52 am 

The only downside being that the models dont get the engage-bonus. But being able to hit the opponent (even without the bonus) is supercool.

But... is this working as intended?

so, again, the clear 2 Rules Questions:

1) If I get near an opponents model so that my model may strike (in CCWR): Can I do that or do I have to make an engage action in order to initiate close combat?

2) If I am not in the CCWR of an opponents model, but could strike myself because my model has a greater CCWR: Am I counting as engaged?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:40 pm 

For the CCWR and engage, there should be a "free move action" possible to execute. I do not have the rulebook in front of me currently so I do not have the name of it but I know there is one which let you move the figure slightly to adjust it should it be within an enemys CCWR or if an enemy is within its CCWR.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:19 pm 

Was there ever a clarification on vehicles reversing?, I know when asked the answers were varied, "common sense, no, yes, maybe, not sure, I'll ask"
Cus I have an 8 wheeled car here with no dedicated use yet, and if its a yes my mishima might get it, if its no then it'll go in tomorrow's war

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:47 am 

Dunnagh wrote:
The only downside being that the models dont get the engage-bonus. But being able to hit the opponent (even without the bonus) is supercool.

But... is this working as intended?

Sounds like it is handled exactly as it is in Warmachine, so I think it may be intended. Engage is a reward in and of itself for good manoeuvre and positioning. But I don't see any rule that doesn't allow you to just waltz in to combat. A lot of larger stuff will want to use engage because it amps up their damage potential, but I am glad the door seems to be left open to pull off other interesting tactics (the Meka one sounds like a great utilization of its abilities actually).

Hopefully this is how it works, part of the fun of the AP system is how flexible it is in terms of actualizing your plans.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:19 pm 

The description reads "When fighting a model in CC that causes Fear (X), Mitch Hunter may once per Game Turn either re-roll his own RS test or force his opponent to re-roll a successful Armour test."

Should that be "his own CC test"?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:07 am 

I just wanted to confirm that the Tech Warlord Tactic #4 (31st "Ironsiders" Light Armoured Record Battalion) is supposed to cost 0 (zero) points?

Also, what is the points cost for Tech Warlord Tactic #6 (6th Diggers Combat Engineer Battalion)? There isn't one listed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:48 pm 

When the Light Infantry are upgraded to the Airborne Cavalry, does each member of the squad receive their own HU-E "Lance" Missile Launcher? The rules seem to read that way but I just want to check. Pretty nifty, even if you do have to TTB:2 for each one you want to fire!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:57 pm 

This is how I read it. Each model gets it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next