It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:39 pm 

Each model get one, and they all get 1 "free" (no turn to burn) shot when deploying with rapid deployment. Launch 12 of them and add a SE template for each and you have quite a fireshow.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:12 pm 

Dunnagh wrote:
The only downside being that the models dont get the engage-bonus. But being able to hit the opponent (even without the bonus) is supercool.

But... is this working as intended?

so, again, the clear 2 Rules Questions:

1) If I get near an opponents model so that my model may strike (in CCWR): Can I do that or do I have to make an engage action in order to initiate close combat?

2) If I am not in the CCWR of an opponents model, but could strike myself because my model has a greater CCWR: Am I counting as engaged?

P. 61 - CCA can only be issued if a model is Engaged.
P. 62 - engaging - an activated model MUST issue an Engage Action and spend an Action Point.

If a model finish his move in CCWR he can not attack if it was not a result of an emgage Action. However if an enemy activate his model in CCWR he is engaged (in CCWR) and can make an CC Action and free 'Free Closing' Action. (P. 61-62).

It is worth doing if a targe model could i.e. shoot at us with a heavy weapon. We can 'block' him even if we can not kill him in CC this turn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:40 pm 

According to the rule book, Mitch Hunter has LD 15 as a Lord. On the card he has LD 17 as a Lord. Looking at the other Lords in the book, LD 17 would seem to be the correct value. Can you confirm this?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:25 pm 

1. Kunshu Dragons have 40mm base. Is it correct? They are at least as large as bikes that are on 50mm bases.
2. Do lone Demon Hunter have Heal [2]?
3. Should not Kunshu Dragons ignore movement penalties? They are flyers after all.
4. Enhanced Machinators are machines like Attilas. Why they do not have Fearless and Stay Frosty?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:20 am 

Out of curiosity, are we expecting an official FAQ or responses on this thread?

My questions:

P19. If a lord joins a squad of troops and therefore becomes a squad commander, does he provide a resource card?

P40. If a weapon with ST range has ROF>1, do you place all STs at the same time (i.e. next to each other), do you simply put 2 D20 against each target, or do you resolve one template before another is placed? If the latter, if the primary target (or all targets) are killed by the first ST shot, can you then fire against another target?

P42. If a hero successfully counter-charges a model on a small or medium base, does that cause the engaging model to stop outside its own CCWR and therefore the engage action fails? Would a successful counter-charge cause the engaging model to lose the engage bonus?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:00 pm 

The "Heavy Gun Support" passive ability for the Artillery Korp's "MKVII Feldblitzer Howitzerkanone" does not describe the AP cost the crew must spend when performing this special shooting action. I assume it works the same way as the "Fire the Heavy Gun" passive action, is this correct? Additionally, it states that:

Quote:
When using the 'Heavy Gun Support' Special Action the LE template always scatters D20/4"

My interpretation is that it will always scatter D20/4" on a hit but still scatter D20/2" on a miss. Is that correct?

Even so, a squad of Artillery Korp with Targeting Flare and perhaps Steady Aim (probably only worth it if you have 3 guns in the squad though) upgrades.. ouch! That could be a painful first turn for your enemy :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:35 am 

MiSiO wrote:
Dunnagh wrote:
The only downside being that the models dont get the engage-bonus. But being able to hit the opponent (even without the bonus) is supercool.

But... is this working as intended?

so, again, the clear 2 Rules Questions:

1) If I get near an opponents model so that my model may strike (in CCWR): Can I do that or do I have to make an engage action in order to initiate close combat?

2) If I am not in the CCWR of an opponents model, but could strike myself because my model has a greater CCWR: Am I counting as engaged?

P. 61 - CCA can only be issued if a model is Engaged.
P. 62 - engaging - an activated model MUST issue an Engage Action and spend an Action Point.

If a model finish his move in CCWR he can not attack if it was not a result of an emgage Action. However if an enemy activate his model in CCWR he is engaged (in CCWR) and can make an CC Action and free 'Free Closing' Action. (P. 61-62).

It is worth doing if a targe model could i.e. shoot at us with a heavy weapon. We can 'block' him even if we can not kill him in CC this turn.

there is a big difference between being engaged and using the engage action you do not have to use the engage action to be come engaged "Models in at least one enemy Close Combat Weapon Range (CCWR) always count as Engaged." therefore if you are in their CCW range you are engaged

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:53 pm 

Why do the Hatamotos have no "Martial Prowess" anymore?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:57 pm 

15(10) would be great...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:03 pm 

[quote="ADG_Wraith"]Out of curiosity, are we expecting an official FAQ or responses on this thread?

My questions:

P40. If a weapon with ST range has ROF>1, do you place all STs at the same time (i.e. next to each other), do you simply put 2 D20 against each target, or do you resolve one template before another is placed? If the latter, if the primary target (or all targets) are killed by the first ST shot, can you then fire against another target?

I think it works the same as flamer template, so if ROF is 2 you assign 2 wounds to each model under the template. There is no primary and secondary targets in this case, you just place the template once.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next