It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:49 pm 

Each model under the Shotgun template is potentially hit twice, but you must make 2 RS tests for each model under the template to cause the wound effects.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:47 pm 

The individual cost for an E.M. trooper is 15 points, but the base squad @ 85 points, works out to be 17 pts a piece. Which is correct?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:33 pm 

Xaxius wrote:
MiSiO wrote:
Dunnagh wrote:
The only downside being that the models dont get the engage-bonus. But being able to hit the opponent (even without the bonus) is supercool.

But... is this working as intended?

so, again, the clear 2 Rules Questions:

1) If I get near an opponents model so that my model may strike (in CCWR): Can I do that or do I have to make an engage action in order to initiate close combat?

2) If I am not in the CCWR of an opponents model, but could strike myself because my model has a greater CCWR: Am I counting as engaged?

P. 61 - CCA can only be issued if a model is Engaged.
P. 62 - engaging - an activated model MUST issue an Engage Action and spend an Action Point.

If a model finish his move in CCWR he can not attack if it was not a result of an emgage Action. However if an enemy activate his model in CCWR he is engaged (in CCWR) and can make an CC Action and free 'Free Closing' Action. (P. 61-62).

It is worth doing if a targe model could i.e. shoot at us with a heavy weapon. We can 'block' him even if we can not kill him in CC this turn.

there is a big difference between being engaged and using the engage action you do not have to use the engage action to be come engaged "Models in at least one enemy Close Combat Weapon Range (CCWR) always count as Engaged." therefore if you are in their CCW range you are engaged

Yep there's the case of Rapid Deploying models that have CCWR of 1" or more (Scorpions, Stalkers) landing by enemy units thus becoming engaged w/o an actual Engage action.

Post subject: Tambu No. 45 HMG
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:14 pm 

The Tambu No. 45 HMG for the Tiger Dragons shows AVV 1 while the Tambu No. 45 HMG for the Hatamoto shows AVV 2. Should they be the same?

Post subject: Re: Tambu No. 45 HMG
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:12 am 

jtisdel wrote:
The Tambu No. 45 HMG for the Tiger Dragons shows AVV 1 while the Tambu No. 45 HMG for the Hatamoto shows AVV 2. Should they be the same?

it is common the same guns have different stats. The official answer to that was to look at the stats related to the specific unit. If you want to reason that, lets think about the difference between a typical grunt and a navy seal using the same M-16... maybe some more elite troops are trained to use certain weapons more effectively.

Post subject: Re: Tambu No. 45 HMG
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:37 am 

seven wrote:
jtisdel wrote:

it is common the same guns have different stats. The official answer to that was to look at the stats related to the specific unit. If you want to reason that, lets think about the difference between a typical grunt and a navy seal using the same M-16... maybe some more elite troops are trained to use certain weapons more effectively.

Thanks for the info - it certainly makes entering the units in AB more of a bother.... Pooh.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:13 pm 

Is roll of 20 for Armour eliglible for a reroll? For example Purple Shark has been hit with a weapon with AVV equal 0, thus it has a reroll of failed test. Unfortunately a roll came up with 20. Question: canal Purple Shark reroll AVV test of 20?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:15 am 

And another quetion (sorry for double posting):
1) When firing with a weopon with RoF more than one to combat consisting of one friendly and one enemy model, do the -8 modifirer is applied to all shots or one-by-one basis (till the friendly model is killed). My Stalker was in combat with Light Infantry model. Purple Shark unloaded its RoF 6 gun at them. The first one missed, so it hit the LI model and killed it. We've played that the rest 5 shot don't have -8 penalty for shooting into melee. Is this right? Cover modifirers are applied to all shots and shooting is simultaineus. SHould the rule apply to shooting into melee penalty as well?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:55 am 

I think that you should apply all modifiers involved to the shots before rolling. So it should not matter if you kill of one of the melee participants.

For rolling 20 on armour roll, I think that is fine to reroll as well. I guess you are thinking that a roll of 20 is a fumble but that applies to skill tests and I'm pretty sure that armour tests are not skill tests. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:33 pm 

Sebulba wrote:
I think that you should apply all modifiers involved to the shots before rolling. So it should not matter if you kill of one of the melee participants.

For rolling 20 on armour roll, I think that is fine to reroll as well. I guess you are thinking that a roll of 20 is a fumble but that applies to skill tests and I'm pretty sure that armour tests are not skill tests. :)

Ding! We have a winner, Sebulba is spot on!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next