It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Regarding gear cards
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:57 am 

tezrek wrote:
Yeah, I asked myself that. Prodos has stated though, that they didn't wanted the card aspect to be too intrusive

I think this statement is quite ironic when the 1.0 rules had you automatically losing if you run out of cards! Some of the other cards look potentially quite intrusive too. If they were just subtle buffs or non-game-changing subtle effects that statement would be more believable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:18 pm 

I only played one game of 1.0, but nobody EVER came close to go through even half of his deck in the game. Perhaps we were too conservative, but it was just no an issue.

In 1v1, with 35 cards, again, we did not emptied our deck, althoug the "No Hero, No Resource", seem to have but the Cards in... bigger light?

"Agressive" cards are present as the Global Tactic type, and it feel fine for me, except that the limit one in play at any time feel a little restrictive, since they rarely remains in paly long enough to do something, especially with Gas Trap and Minefield.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:08 pm 

A few more playtests over the last couple of weeks and I've concluded that my idea didn't really work well with the current set of cards, being able to launch a more punishing array of hostile cards would definitely be nice, but gear cards are the wrong vehicle for this. For future tests I think we will try removing the 1 global strategy restriction.