It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: I am... Cybertronic.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:11 pm 

I am Cybertronic Citizen Identification SCE00532.

I had a name... in a life long ago. It is my choice to not use that name.

There was a time when I followed the word of God. When, as most loyal Imperials, I maintained loyalty to my Clan, my Family, my Megacorp, and to the teachings of the Brotherhood.

We were on maneuvers near Ganymede when the alert call came in. A Manchester-class cruiser, apparently under attack from within. Expecting pirates, my unit hurried to engage. On approach, we could see much of the cruiser badly damaged, and likely to not be spaceworthy much longer. Whoever was attacking, they were crippling the ship one compartment at a time.

Our lighter made contact and locked, and we made sure to engage respirators in case the atmospherics were compromised. What we saw was... words cannot express. Filthy, hell-spawned beings, literally tearing the ship to pieces in search of something. Foul aliens, their language chilling to my soul, rending ship and crew alike in their search. Their hisses, their dark whispers, were no match for the thunder of my Interceptor.

The next few hours were a descent into the face of madness itself. We cut down hundreds, thousands of Undead Legionaires... or maybe dead men have a lot of lives and they kept getting back up. Regardless, our numbers dwindled, theirs seemed not to. I relayed for support. I was told none would arrive. The cruiser was deemed already lost... and so were we. We kept fighting. Relays were sent to anyone within range- Imperials, other Forces, even God. Nothing but static responded to us as we fought in an ever shrinking circle.

I don't remember who or what finally took me down. I remember coming to as a heavily gloved hand picked me up. This was, I remember, when I knew I wasn't in Heaven- angels don't wear gloves. I tried to remember if devils did...

"This one is still functional," a semi-robotic sounding voice spoke. It must have been a poor vocalizer in the helmet, surely. "It's systems are 23% operational, and declining. Understood. Returning." I intended to ask the gentleman what he meant by that, but in that moment the world swirled to black again.

I awoke weeks later in a Cybertronic medbay. I found that the cruiser, my team, and all souls involved had been written off. Lost assets, nothing more. The most the Church had done was preside over my funeral... for a "reasonable" fee. After all, seeing to the souls of the Faithful isn't charity, and everyone get's their cut. Well, they can keep my soul. I have no need of it while I'm still breathing, and the synthetic lung I've received works just fine.

I am no longer an Imperial. They discarded what they felt wasn't worth the risk to recover.
I am no longer Faithful. God turned His back first, maybe even centuries ago. I just followed suit.
I am no longer Man. My readouts inform me I am alive, and my components function better than my body ever could.

I am... Cybertronic.

Post subject: Re: I am... Cybertronic.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:07 pm 

Did you just quote Unicron? If not, carry on. If yes, high five, good sir.

Post subject: Re: I am... Cybertronic.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:25 pm 

sadly, no high fives for me. ;-)