It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:23 pm 

If we get the kickstarter to over 70K the models become plastic. Will there be a price drop if this occurs? Will starter sets drop 5 pounds or so?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:08 pm 

If the current resin models are the same resin as Sedition Wars, then I am not interested, they have been a pain to work with and its really hard to get rid of the mold lines.

If the Warzone models all become plastic then it should hopefully be like working with GW plastic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:54 pm 

agreed, the restic that sedition wars and mantic uses is awful. hopefully plastic like GW and Dreamforge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:31 pm 

Plastics (if we get there) will be in styrene, like GW (and Mantic's plastics).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:11 pm 

I'm wondering the same thing peacekeeper, are they going to become less expensive, or maybe more models in the box?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm 

I understand why they want plastic, it is cheaper in the long run. But terribly expensive up front. That being said, once you pay for the moulds, copies are cheap, very cheap. So i too would like to see a couple more models (if not double) per box.
I'm sticking with my pledge one way or another, I'm only letting you know I feel we should get more plastics per box than resins.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:52 pm 

Actually, the upgrade to plastic would be perfect for adding on extra bits (like they are already doing for Undead Legionnaires with their shoulder pad upgrades).

Extra bits would allow for more customization and would take advantage of the ability to fit a lot of random stuff in to a plastic sprue without having to do much extra work.

Alternate (perhaps even bare) heads, extra weapon options, a few different leg-styles (so you aren't always stuck with too many repeats of the really dynamic legs) and maybe some random equipment and gear.

the current price for the models is already good whether in plastic or resin, but more add-ons and bits is what I like seeing in my multi-part plastic sprues (and it is the thing GW gets right with their kits IMHO). That is the kind of value-added I would like to see.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:06 pm 

yeah I understand that Durandal, but I think personally in the long run its a bad idea. EX: How are you going to try and sell the game to some 40k players looking to get out of 40k, when they point out they could buy the same amount of metal miniatures for another game for less then $20ish dollars for 5 models (we're talking after KS prices.) For us, we want WZR, how is it going to look for someone looking for new games though? Now if we said $20 for 5 Resin models, it would look better, but trying to say $4 per plastic model almost seems..... rip offish in the sense that most companies go plastic to provide more models at less price as their selling point.

No matter how we would try and say more bits etc etc, its only 5 plastic models for $20 USD. I could personnally buy individual metal models from Reaper for almost that price. Try selling 10 models at $40 USD for a singular unit (large).

I'm just saying I hope WZR adds models or reduces the price for the "Basic Troops" if they go plastic. Other wise they look like a less viable alternative game to future consumers who would think they are getting ripped off for some plastic models instead of Resin/Metal.

Not to mention the comments future game reviewers with some bias might put out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:49 pm 

comrade87 wrote:
yeah I understand that Durandal, but I think personally in the long run its a bad idea. EX: How are you going to try and sell the game to some 40k players looking to get out of 40k, when they point out they could buy the same amount of metal miniatures for another game for less then $20ish dollars for 5 models (we're talking after KS prices.) For us, we want WZR, how is it going to look for someone looking for new games though? Now if we said $20 for 5 Resin models, it would look better, but trying to say $4 per plastic model almost seems..... rip offish in the sense that most companies go plastic to provide more models at less price as their selling point.

No matter how we would try and say more bits etc etc, its only 5 plastic models for $20 USD. I could personnally buy individual metal models from Reaper for almost that price. Try selling 10 models at $40 USD for a singular unit (large).

I'm just saying I hope WZR adds models or reduces the price for the "Basic Troops" if they go plastic. Other wise they look like a less viable alternative game to future consumers who would think they are getting ripped off for some plastic models instead of Resin/Metal.

Not to mention the comments future game reviewers with some bias might put out.

Agreed. Basic troops should cost less than $20 for an entire squad. Not necessarily a full squad of maxed options and abilities, but at least squad leader, special weapon and 3-4 troopers. I can get some sets of Dust Tactics for as lost as $11 or so on Miniature Market and sure they are not the best plastic in the world, but they are good figures and they get the job done.

I am not against a little extra for elite squads and what not, but when I have to choose between $50 for a a new game or a game that I know will be around in 2-3 years, the longevity is often the tie breaker.