It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 am 

In the Dark Légion from UWZ we have a Rasputin Bolchevik army list, why not add a Russian Corporation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:46 am 

rob_alderman wrote:
it's not just wargames though, in lots of other sci-fi things, off the top of my head I can think of Judge Dredd and the Command and Conquer game series...

Dont they also have space brits and space americans. Heck, judge dredd even had Space TEXANS!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:21 am 

Bauhaus could allready be a Russian MegaCorp ...one of the biggest House in Bauhaus i Romanov(so Bauhaus are not only Prussian in Space ).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:13 am 

peacekeeper_b wrote:
rob_alderman wrote:
it's not just wargames though, in lots of other sci-fi things, off the top of my head I can think of Judge Dredd and the Command and Conquer game series...

Dont they also have space brits and space americans. Heck, judge dredd even had Space TEXANS!

Yup, Mega-City 1, Mega-City 2, Texas-City (I think that's right!), Hondo-City (Japan), Brit-Cit (South England), Sov-Cit (Neo-Soviet)... Can't think of any others off the top of my head! I can't remember what they did for the jocks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:27 pm 

I also have Neo-Soviets from Vor. Some decent models but at the same time many showing their age now being over a decade old! Iron Wind Metals now sells Vor gear.

More on point to topic I think that it was inevitable that the project was going to be most heavily funded by existing and prior Warzone/Mutant Chronicles gamers and with their history would be the most vocal majority. I very much doubt Prodos did not consider this and are aware that they would need existing fans to be very positive and support of the game if the new version is to succeed.

I also agree with some posts that while many original models are somewhat "dated" that does not mean the look and feel should be dramatically changed - it's quite possible to create entirely new sculpts that are clearly different but are also recognisable as <unit type>.

Rulewise no doubt some rules will change, some we'll easily recognise and some maybe we won't. Obviously at this point it's also important to remember we're only seeing basic and small portions of the rulesets and things like skills and ability and full unit statistics (as opposed to the generic beta stats) and there's certainly room for change and effects yet unseen rules may play. Cards however are a significant change but can be okay if done properly and don't have any significant effects on gameplay, rather have subtle effects providing various buffs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:36 pm 

peacekeeper_b wrote:
LaBambaMan wrote:
I just get so tired of the Soviet insert faction in games. If you're going to do Russians at all then at least try something different and maybe make them based more on Tsarist Russia rather than just more Soviets.

I must be missing something, because the only Sci-Fi minis game I know that had "sviets" in it was AT43.

I mean in games in general. Maybe I've been playing too much Warmachine with too many Khador players(which is ironic because Khaod IS Trasist Russia, but apparently everyone I know who plays them doesn't believe Russia existed before Stalin) but the whole Soviet insert faction in games is just tiring to me.

demielf wrote:
In the Dark Légion from UWZ we have a Rasputin Bolchevik army list, why not add a Russian Corporation

Not saying they can't, just so long as they aren't boring freaking Soviets.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:47 pm 

:ugeek:
Second Class Elitist wrote:
I think many of us- due to our passions for *this game* (not former renditions of it)- are loosing sight on something by focusing too much with the lens.

Let's start with the Dark Legion. First couple of pictures that occurred, people stated they looked to "generic space zombie" and not MC enough. Prodos said "just wait", and sure enough we got something which was a pretty tight blend of both old MC feel, and modern looks.

Then we get to the Megacorps. Cybertronic gets a very modern facelift.... with the exception of a lumbering behemoth that looks "diesel punk retro," and a new solo/character model with a very different feel. Bauhaus gets a very "old school MC" look and feel, with the exception of a newer, cleaner lined behemoth and a very modernized solo/character model.

If I had to hazard a guess, you'll see a design trend emerging: 80% or more of a list solidly on one side of the line, with a few unique pieces on the other.

I think this "amalgamated technique" is likely intentional. It gives both camps a decent amount of what they want without alienating anyone. Some forces will look 90's, some will look 2013. Some forces will look Diesel Punk, some will look Hard Scifi.

Get 10 people in a room, and they'll never agree on how something looks. That's a law of art. Make it 500+ people on the interwebs, and it's table-flipping time.

A buddy of mine lives by the proverb "one sword to keep all others in their sheathes." Here's my offering in that light:

--Let's all agree that we each have our own unique "perfect view" on how Resurrection should look.
--Let's all agree that nobody is going to completely share that view, as each one is unique.

Once we get there, you see this for what it is: Gamers across the world sharing ideas and molding a game that WE COLLECTIVELY want to play. We'll all make some concessions. (Case in point- my club really liked the "-1RoF for moving," but we understand we were a minority in that.) In the end, however, if you take a step back and see it for what it is, this is a great chance for hobbyists to demonstrate how we'd wish companies in the industry treated us. Prodos listens! They work with us! They give us teasers, and keep us up to date with their every move! They let us shape the very game we want to play!

That's the company I want to support. That's the environment I want to play games in. So not a single one of us gets our "perfect game," we all get a game we can share, a game we can all enjoy if we just let ourselves, and we take the first step in taking back our Hobby, and truly making it ours again.

PS- Hey Mark, did you leave this soapbox lying around? I think it might have my shoe prints on it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:56 pm 

Voxelapocalypse wrote:
All Prodos has to do is make:

*The new Squared shoulder armour for Bauhaus. (Already done).
The people who like that new look will buy and use those.

*The old Rounded shoulder armour for Bauhaus. (To be determined?)
The people who like that look will buy and use those.

...some will even buy both styles. Especially Dark Legion Players.

Of course the shoulder armour pieces would have to be separate from the upper body pieces.

Everyone would be happy with Bauhaus, those who want the original look and those who want the new.
By just making one old style of shoulder armour.

...use the same approach for the Panzerkancker.
Make an old style in addition to the new style.
Everyone is happy.

I keep hearing this is a "new" game, things change...
Ok, great, lets accommodate the big tent of old style and new style players with this simple production mechanic.

Why would you insist on not allowing players who want the old style not to have it,
if you are one who only wants a "new' style?

I'd like to see everyone get what they want.

That's bringing Mutant Chronicles Warzone into a "new" paradigm.

If they would do this, it would even appeal to those who would use these for proxies in other games.

Why limit yourself, and others? This whole miniature production is built around Multi-Part pieces.

We can do this people. Let's come together as a community and do this for all the fans.

yes i like.

Quote:
Here in Germany we have a saying: Tradition is the art of carrying on the flame, not carrying on the ashes.
And it would be quite easy to make both sides happy: include two different sizes of shoulder pads into the Hussar sprues one more realistically sized and one oversized for the Bonner fans. You could do that for Capitol lateron, too.
Include different heads. Or sell them seperately.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:00 am 

peacekeeper_b wrote:
schwarzewolke wrote:
As Astijan and Lameth said before Warzone Resurrection is a New Game not Warzone first or Second Edition ,so why not be opend for new Ideas . I liked the Idea for a Custome Made Carddeck very Mutch after the First Game with Beta 1.0,and i cant understand the Rule Change in the upcoming 1.2. With this Change you kill strategic a Option off Card Decks.
The Guys who where Cyring that the is Game to Random with this Rule ,made only a Error at Creating the Deck . I like the Idea that Heroes give u diffrent Starting Res,but i think atm they are to high.
One Thing Prodos should think about , who are the Customers that will buy their Products after Kickstarter ? Not the Guys that are Crying we want the old Rules and old Design , this Guys have plenty of Minis.
Sure Warzone is a Little bit a Steampunk game ,but it dont have to be a Steampunk Game with Design 20 Years ago . A mutch Modern looking Steampunk Game is Dystopian Legion .

You are part right and part wrong. It is not 1E or 2E or 3E (UWZ) but it is hardly a new game. It is Warzone 4E for all good measures.

The subject of cards only being a error made at creating the deck, or a error in deck rule design. Personal opinion.

And your assumption of who will buy their product after teh kickstarter is an opinion as well. Both sides seem quite willing to not support this game if they dont get their way, so we shall see.

And who doesnt have plenty of minis? People will buy new minis, they will buy new Venusian Rangers and Blood Berets if the sculpts are better or more versatile or in a different material. All they want (and partly me) is for the same general design to be used. We are not asking for the same bulky boxy 1990s figures and moulds but we are asking for the design to be pretty much the same. Tweak them sure, but dont replace bauhaus with star wars storm trooper wanabes with cylon heads.

:D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:07 am 

peacekeeper_b wrote:
The alternative to Prussians in space is Nazis in space, and that has been done, to death!

I think adding a new faction would be cool.

Its may sound cheesey, but if we imagine that the timeline is advanced 20-50 years and there is a revolution within Bauhaus (Im looking at you Romanov Family) then I can see a "collective" forming up from disenfranchised workers across the solar system and setting up colonies in the Kuiper Belt.

Much like cybertronic this "Workers Corporation" can have suspected ties to the Dark Legion and be anti-brotherhood in nature.

Then, I would have my space Soviets! :) The People's Union (or Red Union, or Revolutionary Union).

And then you can have completley all new models (maybe the original Bauhaus figures they showed us?)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next