It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:48 am 

Hey folks,

So I think I am just about finished with my Capitol army, and am considering picking up another to help feed my warzone addiction! I am torn on what faction to choose though! Right now I play a light infantry focused Capitol army, with a CC warlord and a LOT of shotguns. It's loads of fun. However, to branch out and try new stuff, (and because our store thinks Capitol is too strong!) I want to start working on a new army!

I have thoughts on a bunch of choices, but am not sure what to pick. I hope people more experienced can help me decide.

I do not think I will play Cybertronic because we have too many Cyber players already.

Brotherhood: These guys look incredibly strong, but I admit I only have a few games against them. Valkyries are great and Sacred Warriors are ridiculous! I love the faction feel but honestly I fear I would be seen as playing another too strong army. Biggest downside is I do not think they would be fun to paint. I dislike the aesthetic t.t;

Bauhaus: I like the aesthetic, but I cannot figure them out! Everything is so expensive. At least when I pay 30 pts for a capitol heavy, I know I am getting a ridiculously good trooper! Bauhaus hussars are very pricey and don't seem to bring much to the table aside from awesome rockets. Juggernauts and Vulkans look very fun, but how much does this faction rely on rapid deploy? (especially RDing Vulkans?) I feel like I've got plenty of Rapid Deploy with my Capitol already. Biggest bonus for these guys: They look cool! Biggest downsides, they look limited. Not many unit options, and the Marshall/Kapitan look crazy expensive for what they do.

Legion: I like the idea of psychic powers! I miss this with my Caps. I know from experience against them how much shooting they can put out, and how scary necrobeasts are. I am torn on these guys. I don't think I'd enjoy painting them, but they do seem fun to play.

Mishima: I really like the idea of Mishima. Crazy strong combat, and our store considers them weak, so I think that would be a plus. One thing I cannot understand though is Ronin. Are not Hatamoto better in every way? For four points, you get way stronger stats and weapons! The *only* think Ronin have going for them is turn to burn ability to charge further. Am I missing something here? It seems like it would be silly to take them over Hatamoto. I love the rest of the army, but the dragons look silly.

Imperial: They have soooo many options now! I am very much considering them just for that, but if every faction eventually gets as many choices, it will be tough!

So, what do you think would play very interesting, and different from my Capitol list? Right now I play with crazy shotgun spam, overwhelming the enemy with 20 light infantry while the expensive troops shoot from afar. What army would be the least similar to this?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:40 am 

Mishima would make a good change from Cap.

Ronin are not just 4 points per model cheaper, they're 20 points cheaper for a squad of 5 (or for a squad of 6 Hatamoto, you could buy 8 Ronin). That's a big deal when putting together compulsory troops squads. Also, they have the exact same ranged damage output as Hatamoto and their movement makes great flanking. Other units like Tiger Dragons or Demon Hunters can be your heavy hitters and you can save your points on troops.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:47 pm 

Hmmmm, sounds good. Mishima does look fun. I think I will post with more Mishima questions in the Mishima section.

Damn, all the factions look too fun!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:24 am 

Yes, they all do!

I do agree Mishima could be a good idea. Also Imperial Wolfbanes couls be a viable opition: like Mishima they are a CC oriented faction.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:22 am 

it's interesting noting the differences between them. For two CC-oriented factions, there's quite a bit!