It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Future Model Purchases
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:06 am 

Seeing as I am intending to start putting together demo games in various areas along the east coast of the US, I am looking at fleshing out my model list to include a good selection (meaning at least a small playable force) of as many factions as possible.

Presently (as it says in the who is getting what thread), I own the following:

Capitol Starter Box
2x Martian Banshees
2x Free Marines.
1x Captain Thomas
1x Airborne upgrade
1x Light troops

Dark Legion Starter Box
1x CC Stalkers
1x Ranged Stalkers
2x Ncromutant squads
1x Necromutant Leaders

Also, the Imperial Trooper, Rule Book, and a set of markers.

With $250 saved up for further purchasing, should I attempt to flesh out either of these lists? I'm thinking I need to at least purchase a few more Dark Legion types, but not sure. Maybe the Behemoth and/or the Orca to showcase the large models at Prodos' disposal. If I bought both, that'd be $122 with about $150 remaining (I can easily float a couple bucks to get $150ish on top).

With the remaining funds, I was thinking of either going for Bauhaus or Cybertronic. I love the look of Cybertronic and their unique history, But I also love Max Steiner (loved the guy since my Siege of the Citadel days) and the Germanesque look to the Bauhaus.

My idea, if I do not purchase the Orca and Behemoth is to go along this route for Bauhaus:

Bauhaus Starter Box
2x Hussars
4x Rangers
1x Vorreiters
1x Juggernauts
1x Max Steiner
-- Comes pretty close to $250
(I can always remove one or two to flesh out the Dark Legion/Capitol list)

For Cybertronic

Cybertronic Starter Box
2x Mirrormen (they look cool)
2x Cuirassier Attila
2x Armoured Chasseurs
1x Scorpion
1x Enhanced Machinators
1x Immortal
-- Pretty close to $250.

Or... Should I split it up between the two factions in order to maximize the exposure of the various factions? Advice requested.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:15 am 

I'd suggest you sort out some 500pt lists that showcase a couple of interesting units, then build your forces from there. It doesn't take much to get to that point! If you're then looking at a few display units, pick a couple for each force and that should do it. For example, you might put the Immortal, a Scorpion and some Machinators on display but have your starter kit with armoured chasseurs to make your 500-point force. That way you're not spending so much, and you have the basis of a force that you can grown into the future.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:09 pm 

After much debate, I decided I'd flesh out the Capitol and Dark Legion forces I already own since I plan on owning at least 1 of every model that Prodos has produced thus far (not including convention models, unless I snag one during a stateside tour or something), I figured I'd go ahead and work on topping the first set off. Come January, (after I've had plenty of time to review the book), I'll start working on Cybertronic, Bauhaus, and then Mishima and Brotherhood likely by the middle of next year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:51 pm 

Hey if you are coming to NC or SC I can reccommend some good shops for your demos. I'll do what I can to help too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:45 pm 

Certainly. I will be in between Atlanta, GA and Columbia, SC while staying mostly around the Augusta area starting next year. I have already reconned a few places in and around those areas, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:25 pm 

Finally getting time to work on all of my models and am about to finish up what I currently have. I have a few lists made up for 500, 750, 1000, and 1500 (I need another Razide for my Dark Legion). Enough to showcase different aspects of the Capitol and Dark Legion.

Now, it is time to start picking up a third army (I intend to own every army)! I am still looking at Cybertronic and Bauhaus, but now I am seriously eyeballing Brotherhood and Mishima. I am thinking that I might try to go for a less popular army selection in order to give them a tabletop presence.

Anyone happen to have an idea of what might be a future under represented army? Even though I intend to collect them all, I figured I would go for the perceived less popular army first.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:35 pm 

Therpl wrote:
or whoever it is, said that they plan to use FP in a future product. If this table makes it into the product, then what? Shiva, if you feel copyright has been infringed, you need to address that now.

This response under investigation for spam.