It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:02 am 

I just double checked the starter kits.

I compare the prices of the single models and the starter kits.

A real deal is Bauhaus (31,35), Capitol (33,25) and Brotherhood (31,35).
But Dark Legion starter includes only models worth 28,5 pounds and Cybertronic is even worse
the models are only worth 24,22 pounds (I took 4,22 for the single Cuirassier (half of the package)).

That is a pitty. Regardless of the cards, dices (which are in all starters the same) and the game balance it would be nice to push the two starters. There is a gap of 8 pounds!

It looks like I better buy single packages and not the starter for Cybertronic :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:16 am 

Maybe Prodos could add for Dark Legion and Cybertronic a weapon packs for free for each starter to fill the gap without bother with points and game balance. At least for Cybertronic it would make really sense.

Alternativ you could put two Cuirassier into the starter box.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:22 am 

This is actually somewhat of an issue for me as well. Especially as a prospective Cybertronic player. The least they could do is add a second Cuirassier, to bring it on par with the DL one, aka:

Two squads at 11.40
Hero at 8.55
Monster/Support at 8.55

Edit: I fail at math just as the OP. Of course it's worth more. Forgot to count squads twice. There is still however a big difference between starter sets. Adding a cuirassier to the CyberT starter set would remedy this and put it in line with the other sets, who all have a "full" support pack in the starter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:36 pm 

This isn't unusual at all. The balance for Starter Sets is the points value, not the dollar value.

Look at Warmachine for example. Khador has 1 caster and two heavy warjacks. Most come with 1 caster, 2 light warjacks and a heavy warjack. Legion comes with a caster, a heavy warbeast and four lesser warbeasts. The points do vary a little (11-14) though.

Point being dollar value often doesn't translate well into point value.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:05 pm 

People don't mind to have a spare model in a pure starter box game that almost never will happen because people will buy additional units from the beginning or direct after the first game.
But most people don't like to have less for their money. In particular in this case it can be easily fixed with a lot of good options. There is no need to keep the Cybertronic starter box small because of balancing issues.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:58 pm 

My point here is not that some are a slightly worse (though still good), it's that there is such a huge difference between the best and the worst is so big. Capitol has a 8.55 hero, two squads and a support worth 13.30. Cybertronic has the same firat three, only they have half a 8.55 pack instead of a 13.30 one. Thats 9£ worth of difference. Also, you cant price based on points. In that case, 5 DL UD Legionnaires would be a LOT cheaper than five mirrormen, or similiar.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:46 pm 

Hm. It might be worth buying the Cybertronic starter in pieces. Especially as I`m still not fan of the Everasseur. Huh, I`m quite undecided - the cards and dice is a big magnet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:24 pm 

I am thinking about to get a dice from a friend. There a two dice in a starter box in any way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:43 pm 

Catinator wrote:
Hm. It might be worth buying the Cybertronic starter in pieces. Especially as I`m still not fan of the Everasseur. Huh, I`m quite undecided - the cards and dice is a big magnet.

It is not worth buying the starter set in pieces, unless you are absolutely not going to use some of the models.

2x Squads of Chasseurs@11.40 = 22.80
1x Everassur@8.55 = 8.55
½x Cuirassier ~4.30

Total = 35.65£ worth of troops.

Please though Prodos, we would like to know about why the difference is so big. I was actually thinking something akin to what Catinator here is thinking, and not using the Everassur as my hero. The box is only worth it for the cards in that case. Would really like an answer if it might include something else to make it closer to what at least the DL is getting in their box.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:19 am 

Sorry! I missed that the standard squad boxes have only 5 models. :o
Somehow I thought the basic troop boxes contain 10 models :roll:

My fault to stir up the people. :oops:

So every starter is a real deal but some have more value then other.