It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: generic captains/heroes
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:21 pm 

I haven't seen in the kickstarter generic leaders (captains/heroes) that normally cost much less than named characters in terms of game points. I love named characters, Prodos is doing awesome job bringing them back to WZ world, but would be great to have them in the first wave after the kickstarter.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:25 pm 

Hi

I think at the moment you either use a head from say the resin add on pack to convert your own, or use the named character as the figure to rep your made character.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:26 pm 

Oh and I think there will be kits closer to when the rpg comes out as the plan is to port your character from the rpg to the game

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:51 pm 

eisenhorn wrote:
Oh and I think there will be kits closer to when the rpg comes out as the plan is to port your character from the rpg to the game

This just sounds like an awesome idea.

I still would love too see generic captains down the line, or maybe a leader/hero conversion pack for each faction in the game with some cool bits

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:53 pm 

I agree Seven as we once said the old rules, books, comics were all full of Fay, Mitch etc. If Eisenhorn`s right then conversions will see us alright.The good news is that they seem in size with some other plastic figures, so Seven what about a perry head from a union cavalry man on a Capitol figure or a millput cowboy hat hanging on his rear. Giving you your character. My gaming will mostly all be R.P.G. so if you want contact me if you need anthing and i`ll try to help.
You can PM if its quicker.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:11 am 

Airborne wrote:
I agree Seven as we once said the old rules, books, comics were all full of Fay, Mitch etc. If Eisenhorn`s right then conversions will see us alright.The good news is that they seem in size with some other plastic figures, so Seven what about a perry head from a union cavalry man on a Capitol figure or a millput cowboy hat hanging on his rear. Giving you your character. My gaming will mostly all be R.P.G. so if you want contact me if you need anthing and i`ll try to help.
You can PM if its quicker.

All good ideas here. The only problem I see that a lot of sets on the market are made for that other popular game in terms of head sizes. From comparison (undead leg.) pics it looks like WZ:R miniatures are a bit smaller, but anyway I plan to check if maxmini's boonie hats fit my capitol's sea lions or basic infantry. Soon we should have a convertion sub-forum where we could post which 3rd party bits are a good match.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:51 am 

I'm sure we will see generic characters eventually. But I hope they take their time and make them really complete. I'd love to see a kit for a character with loads of head and weapon options. Maybe make them about as complex (part-wise) as the current "large" hero kits (the two-model ones) and give them a lot of options. These will be better to do once the game has launched and they start getting some income to start developing stuff outside of the kick-starter.

For now, heroes are nice because we can mod them ourselves and Prodos only need to make a single sculpt with a couple of head or arm swaps. They are also featured in most of the iconic art of Warzone/Mutant Chronicles, so they will probably resonate the best.

But considering Prodos want to re-create the hero-customization close to what 1st Edition had, I think generic heroes are a given.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:35 pm 

Strangely I never buy that other firm heads or anything else they never match the size or quality of war game companys bits, or price. If I can I prefare to use Milliput and get more figures built. A certain U.S.A. companys Marines gave me Four squads instead of two, with conversions and dead.
I`m eagerly awaiting these.
Cheers all

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:54 pm 

Airborne wrote:
A certain U.S.A. companys Marines gave me Four squads instead of two, with conversions and dead.
I`m eagerly awaiting these.

I bought those last year :) , I still like them a lot. Their size should be in pair with WZ, so I will be using bits for conversions.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:02 pm 

Agreed, generic leaders and heroes would be great, especially if options are offered.
But that will be welcomed after kickstarter too.