It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:00 am 

Now that the KS is over I'm having a crisis of faction identity. I have enough to get a huge force of one faction and a little bit of a second or a big force of two different factions.

I've come to conclusion that I want to play a faction with a heavy shooting bias. It is my preferred style and it is what I'm comfortable with. So Brotherhood is out. Based on the "teaser" of the state lines for Legion they also seem to lean a bit towards CC. I also have a feeling that they will have to rely a bit more on being "tricky", which also isn't really my thing. So bye-bye Legion.

Now Cybertronic seems to, at least currently, favor shooting and from what I gather are suppose to be really tough. A nice combo in my opinion. I also love the models. They are in.

So that leaves me with Bauhaus and Capitol as my second option. It is really hard to choose as they both seem to be shooting-based and both have great models. I love the Banshees, but I really like the WW1-esque look of Bauhaus.

I once asked some vets if they could maybe shed some insight into the play styles of the factions. Now I'm asking if you could maybe give me a recommendation on which of the two to choose. To give you some insight on what I'm looking for, I offer this; when I played 40k I was a Guard player. I fanatically loved Guard. So much so that if I went to the LGS with the intent to buy and try out a second faction, I walked away with more Guard.

Aight, have at it guys. And thanks in advance for the help.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:22 am 

I've always been a Capitol player, based mainly on fluff and mini sculpts. Historically (and I don't know if this will carry over to Resurrection), Bauhaus had very reliable/superior equipment and Capitol had air superiority.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:21 pm 

currently it looks like, as you said, Cybertronic is relatively ranged focused although they were more balanced in previous games from what I understand. of what they've shown of the other two, Capitol and Bauhaus, Bauhaus defiantly seems to have a strong ranged focus with seemingly only the Etoiles Mortant as a viable close combat squad. Capitol on the other had seems to have a lot of units that would be effective at all ranges with the free marines toting their swords in addition to their rifles and the heavy infantry having flamethrower access (at least I think that is a flamethrower in the concept art) along with their big guns.

so id say if you just want the most long range firepower possible go with Bauhaus if you can set up behind cover with open killing fields between you and the enemy im guessing youd have a good chance of thinning the enemy efficiently enough that a squad of Etoiles Mortant could clean up

but if you want to have a backup plan capitol might be better with a layered engagement line you can use the Heavy Infantry as bullet magnets and to pick off important enemy models with their heavy weapons and as an assault buffer using their flamethrowers to thin out or eliminate any Close combat units while your Free Marines support them and if necessary charge into the fray to mop up. while if you have Martian Banshees you can use their mobility to gain positional advantages on any enemy support units while avoiding unfavorable engagements.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:46 pm 

I should say CAPITOL with the backup if you like the guard.