It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Dark Eden
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:57 pm 

I don't mean to rock the boat too much here, but is there intention to release the DE tribes as full factions or more as Merc. companies? They could be both, a la Warmachine Merc contracts, but I thought it might be interesting to see the tribes working with Megacorps and Legion in limited fashion. Brotherhood +Triad? Rasputin +DL? Crescentia +Cybertronic ( I know, getting a bit close to old wounds there with Cybertronic's demise in the failed RPG)

Post subject: Re: Dark Eden
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:56 pm 

Mark from Prodos has mentioned in multiple interviews that everything will be covered in time including Dark Eden. Personally I'd rather see all 7 of the original factions fleshed out first.

That said I like the idea of making them like WM Mercs, could make for some fun combos.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:07 pm 

Thats a really interesting idea. It would work in the fluff, as the Tribes of Earth are supplied with goods and weapons by the Megacorps...

I loooooove the Sons of Rasputin, so cool! But then, I also really like the piece of artwork with the guy riding a horse that's wearing a gasmask. Very cool.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:46 pm 

rob_alderman wrote:
Thats a really interesting idea. It would work in the fluff, as the Tribes of Earth are supplied with goods and weapons by the Megacorps...

I loooooove the Sons of Rasputin, so cool! But then, I also really like the piece of artwork with the guy riding a horse that's wearing a gasmask. Very cool.

Yeah... Lutheran Triad. Very cool... That picture always reminded me of a Predator. I hope they introduce Dark Eden, but I really hope they make them "margin" or merc forces, as was suggested above. Balancing 5 Megacorps, The Cartel (even if it's only a limited ally system), The Brotherhood and 5 Apostles of the DL is hard enough as it is. Balancing 4 more factions on top of that AND allowing them to ally with others... It's a bit much. The good thing about making them mercenaries is that anyone can use them anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:47 pm 

I agree. The tribes were never balanced very well. I think it fits the fluff better to have them marginalized. Actually, something more like Warmachine's "Ally" rule might be appropriate, allowing tribes to work with some factions but not others. This is all probably FAR down the road though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:53 pm 

I'd think so too. I'd guess that Prodos would look at the MegaCorps, Cartel, Brotherhood and the Apostles before Dark Eden. But then, it's too early to tell really.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:06 pm 

I'd say, lets get all the corporations before we start asking for more factions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:02 pm 

I think it will be Mishima & Imperial 1st followed by the Cartels and Different Dark Legion Forces, then another force book for playing on Dark Eden using the Tribes and having some as Allies it will be interesting to see how they approach the Dark Eden forces when they eventually get to them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:24 pm 

I recently read Dark Eden fluff. It needs to be expanded but it is great, very ispiring. I love it as I loved the original CCG.
I agree we need megacorps' miniatures before but it is nice to know that more world to explore are behind the corner and DE would be fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:39 am 

I was as fan of Crescentian allies with my Cybertronic units. Sure they were either overcosted or underpowered, but I really found theme added flavour.

Re Rob's response, I think it makes sense to flesh out the remaining Dark Legion Apostles and the Megacorporations (ie Imperial) first.