It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:25 pm 

Hi all, I'm currently working on some fluff for both my Bauhaus and Brotherhood armies, but the idea I came up with is so out there I think I should make sure the community is OK with it before I get too deep into it.

The thing I came up with is that my heroes are what are called "Aeons" which are the next level in mastery of the Art. basically where as a normal Art user is taught to separate the "white light" of the Art into prismatic colors, Aeons then refocus those colors back into pure "white light" that they can use to affect the material world in ways not possible by normal Art users. the secret to this is that they know the connections between matter and energy, and can transform one into the other, giving them the ability to create things from thin air and modify objects down to the molecular level. as an Aeon develops they tend to modify themselves into more simple and durable forms. because they feed off pure energy they no longer need to eat, thus the mouth disappears. their senses with the Art are more keen then their natural senses, so they get rid of their noses and ears. many life sustaining organs are no longer needed, so the chest cavity is replaced by a solid mass. the muscles are modified to better channel the Art, turning the skin a different color depending on the Aeon's preference.

now before you scream that they're a bunch of "Mary Sues" there is another effect becoming an Aeon has on a person: they sense the flow of time non-linearly. the past the present and the future all intertwine in the minds of an Aeon. this makes them seem rather aloof to a human, kind of like Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen. so while they could be busy solving all the universe's problems, they would rather stay in their shrine on Venus and contemplate the nature of existence. after all what's the point of going out when you already know what's going on everywhere? also when they do enter combat they are known to hold back, knowing that using their full power would have disastrous consequences, thus their stats are effectively the same as a human, they just fade into aether and reemerge later when a human would have died. another weakness they have is that if they are ever unable to access the Art for an extended period of time they will die permanently, and while they are unable to access the Art they are rendered deft, dumb, and blind until they can reestablish a connection. for this reason sometimes when an Aeon does travel they will return to human form to avoid these drawbacks as well as to go undetected.

so what does the community think? should I keep going with this, or is this basically the same as a 40k "half-Eldar" and will only cause trouble if I keep going?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:36 am 

whats this, somthing you only imagind, or somthing thats going to reflect game play?
:ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:41 am 

There is really nothing to support your ideas in any of the game fluff I've ever read. That being said, they are your armies. If your group is ok with the story then run with it. If you start to add game play effects for it, odds are it will unbalance the game.

JP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:13 pm 

well I kind of changed my fluff around seeing as I interpreted the silence as a "no", also I kind of decided to play Cybertronic after reading their fluff in UWZ. now my army is led by Sergei Mannerheim who is not the idiot that he is claimed to be in the short story "spy games" but is actually playing dumb, and is actually a clone of Raoul Mannerheim, and Sergei often visits "his past self" to pick his brain. enter into the story Anne Rose, a wayward member of the Brotherhood looking for any way to escape and try to find her family. Sergei helps her free herself from the Brotherhood, and reconnect with what remains of her family in Bauhaus. that's the basics of the story as it stands now. is that more acceptable?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:13 pm 

Two flaws that I see.

1. No one leaves the Brotherhood. If you try, they hunt you down, drag you back and use the art to"heal" your disturbed mind.

2. If one where to escape the Brotherhood, Bahaus is the last place you want to go. They have the closest ties with the Brotherhood. Odds are her family wouldn't take her in, they would send her back.

Disclaimer: I don't have the UWZ book. There may have been changes made to the fluff from 2nd Ed. and the MC RPG. Those are my main sources for fluff.

JP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:11 pm 

Yeri, I`m afraid that J. P. Cunningham's well right. The Brotherhood is a strong unyielding fraction that may at times be seduced by the Dark but no one would leave them alive. Sadly every Corp has more(back bone) than Bahaus in most books and rules, they are said to be easily bribed, blackmailed or seduced their ruling body is said to be power mad. Imperial were the original finders of the Dark on Nero.Their spacers are called Conquistadors and they could be families. A child of them could be an ideal "Diamond for Cybertronic.
All the best Yeri ,its great to see the Fluff returning, its the life blood of MC may your Punisher fire true.
Praise the Cardinal but pass me a Gehenna Puker.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:23 pm 

actually I don't think the Brotherhood is going to be looking for someone their fairly certain an inquisitor put a bullet through the head of. then Cybertronic announced that she was dead in a press conference while poo-pooing the Brotherhood for not letting them try experimental procedures to save her. I've actually started writing the story itself, it's called "Ninety Five Reasons" and it's in the Cybertronic section of the forums, go ahead and check it out.
EDIT: also a public open casket funeral doesn't hurt the Brotherhood thinking she's well and truly dead either. the truth is that they removed her brain when they said they were trying to save her and put her in a mechanical body.