It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Kickstart Funds
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:07 pm 

Is it me or has the amount raised been dropping?

Post subject: Re: Kickstart Funds
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:11 pm 

yep, has been dropping abour 300 i guess and it was 561 backers some minutes ago, now there are 560

but as i have been told: that happens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:23 pm 

According to kicktraq it has lost 1000 pounds in the past 24 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:31 pm 

true,
lets just hope their projection is right and it really rises up to over 100k in the next month

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:39 pm 

Just remember, for every day it has dropped there has been a following day to more than make up for it. I guess it is still seesawing as those who weren't looking for these rules drop out or pledge at a lower limit.

I'm hoping it evens out and the new backers we have been getting to replace the old are so sanguine and are entering at the lower levels to wait and see what tickles their fancy instead of backing at £150-2000 and getting pissed of when things aren't a match to the idealized version of Warzone they have had percolating in their heads for the last decade.

With Kickstarters I also start in low and raise if I like what I see. Apparently this is not common practice.

But taking in to account general trends the dips in the rollercoaster tend to be shallower than the peaks are high. 60-day Kickstarters tend to just be weird like this, and when the subject is a decade out-of-print property that many people are passionate about, then things can get a bit freaky.

But just like last weeks single-pledger £2000 drop, we can't jump the gun and get down (because a couple days after was one of the highest grossing days since the KS started). And keep in mind, a lot of people wait on these things until they hit the 30-day mark to start as well.

I'm a little disappointed but not too worried. 42 days is a long time to go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:05 pm 

Durandal wrote:
Just remember, for every day it has dropped there has been a following day to more than make up for it. I guess it is still seesawing as those who weren't looking for these rules drop out or pledge at a lower limit.

I'm hoping it evens out and the new backers we have been getting to replace the old are so sanguine and are entering at the lower levels to wait and see what tickles their fancy instead of backing at £150-2000 and getting pissed of when things aren't a match to the idealized version of Warzone they have had percolating in their heads for the last decade.

With Kickstarters I also start in low and raise if I like what I see. Apparently this is not common practice.

But taking in to account general trends the dips in the rollercoaster tend to be shallower than the peaks are high. 60-day Kickstarters tend to just be weird like this, and when the subject is a decade out-of-print property that many people are passionate about, then things can get a bit freaky.

But just like last weeks single-pledger £2000 drop, we can't jump the gun and get down (because a couple days after was one of the highest grossing days since the KS started). And keep in mind, a lot of people wait on these things until they hit the 30-day mark to start as well.

I'm a little disappointed but not too worried. 42 days is a long time to go.

At last we agree on something! Despite my dislike of some of the aspects of the game, I am still in for the ride.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 pm 

I think we need to get the necromutants upp to Razide level, either through a new free Doomtroper mini when we reach 200% or £ 75,000

But I think we need better pledge levels and clearer targets, a few percent here or there does not matter ( Is what i think) but I think most people want is new exclusiva KS minis.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 am 

Grinder wrote:
I think we need to get the necromutants upp to Razide level, either through a new free Doomtroper mini when we reach 200% or £ 75,000

But I think we need better pledge levels and clearer targets, a few percent here or there does not matter ( Is what i think) but I think most people want is new exclusiva KS minis.

I just want reasonably priced figures and rules.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:32 pm 

Yeah, me too.

And dont't sweat it, the reason is simple, the looters are jumping over the umpteenth undisguised freaking enormous preorder from CMON. Zombicide, Season 2.

Come on, really? Can you seriously tell me that a game that reached nearly a freaking million bucks needs a second Kickstarter?
This is not the original idea behind crowdfunding, it is greedy, unethical, it damages FLGS and smaller companies that really need the push to start.

I for one are not supporting any more of them. I'll save my support to people that need it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:24 am 

On the rise again with the Grizzly tanks. :)

Don't worry guys, the KS has been hit, Warzone will still be available post-KS and supported as much as it ever would have been. Releases, designs etc might just be a bit slower.

But I'm not gonna complain if it picks up and makes 100,000!