It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:57 am 

trikk wrote:
How did Vermillion Banner power work? It doesn`t seem good on paper, but I need to test it.

I didn't use it :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:49 am 

Despite the fact that Banner isn't the strongest offensive art in the Brotherhood's arsenal there are some positives in using it based on the fact that is is Debuff Art and not Shooting Art. First of all you can use it along with other shooting spell and have two “shooting” actions per turn. The other thing is that debuffs don't get negative modifications for cover etc. so you will always hit on your basic WP.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:00 pm 

i have recently made a 1000 pts army list, i was wondering if i could post it on here and get some feedback?

My group of friends mainly play ranged armies so i have taken a close combat army that hopefully shreds them a new one.

Custom made warlord 185 points
CC 18 RS12 ST 12 WP 16 LD 17 W 4 Armour (17)*

its based off a mortificator and it shall be infiltrating seperately to my mortificator squad.

guardian obliati 100 - to TTB to cover the warlord after his activation.
these beasts will then be in my opponents face very quickly :-)

10 man squad of mortificators
persistence of time
fortitude of the penitent

two squads of 5 man troops with emerald bastion and fortitude of the penitent (with inquisitor squad leader)

two judicators with extra shooty, the psychic powers are emerald bastion and ascent of the ruby light (for tank popping).

i have a more in-depth list but i really am tired .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:50 pm 

You can use those GOs and the Judicators to screen/tie up units while your Mortificators move into position or vice versa with the GOs and the Morts should you not Rapidly Deploy the GOs for some reason.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:04 am 

In my area they tend to play games between 750 and 1500 points. So I have worked out a lot of lists. 1000 points are the most common. Here are two I worked out which can handle most opponent I have come across.

994 points

235 pts Lord Inquisitor Hamlicar with might of reckoning, fortitude of penitent and corporeal fortitude
204 pts 11 Brotherhood Troopers sword and shield, Inquisitor with fortitude of penitent and might of reckoning
325 pts 9 Scared Warriors with Brother Lukas making it 10 in unit with Might of reckoning
230 pts 10 mortifactors with fortitude of penitent and might of reckoning.

Lukas has "guide" to help the Inquisitors target a seleted enemy unit ignore cover modifers. The army generally moves into close combat . The Mortifactors infiltrate to take out the enemy warlord, or nasty unit/s fairly easily, or keep them pinned in close combat for 3 or more turns.

Lukas's "Guide: skill is good for larger games where you can add the ranged and close combat units together. The ranged units can get the benefit from Guide, and the close combat units help keep the enemy force off balance and protect your ranged troops a bit.

The second force is more of a ranged sit and shoot force.

993 Pts
235 pts - Hamlicar as described above
229 pts x 2 - 2 squads of 11 Troopers with 4 scoped rifles and inquisitor with either sacred domination or fortitude of the penitent
165 pts - 1 x Judicator with 2 guns and sacred domination for increased RS
135 pts - 6 Mortifactors with might of reckoning
The Judicator and inquisitors handle tanks and big units of enemy. the snipers handle enemy key personalities like lords, and the mortifactors infiltrate in and close combat the worst units of the enemy to hold them up and keep them from your main force , or just take out the enemy warlord.