It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:59 am 

We've got a new toy so it is time to play with it.
In this topic post your examples of Brotherhood Custom Warlords and short descriptions of army lists and tactics you would use them.

Brother Inquisitor Fabius

1. Inquisitor as a basic choice, in addition he will get EMERALD BASTION, FORTITUDE OF THE PENITENT and FIRE FLOWER (115 p)
2. + 1 W is the only upgrade he can get (15 p)
3. Inquisitors have access to the best ranged weapons in the army and it is up to you and your army composition ijf you choose JUSTIFIER or HMG. My warlord will get HMG because the army composition may be lacking AVV so an additional AVV shot may be handy, the ST may be increased with MULTIFIRE MAGAZINE and R is not so important. (0 p)
4. no upgrades available
5. Here you have two interesting options AVANGER SWORD and CHAIN BLADE, I intend to have A LOT of AVANGER SWORDS in the army so Fabius will get inquisitor's dedicated weapon (0 p)
6. no upgrades again (0 p)
7. Fabius will get Camo (2) to increase his formidable survivability (15 p)
8. His equipment options will me SHIELD (how could he not), MULTIFIRE MAGAZINE (to get extra ST bonus) and WEAPON OF FINESSE (to increase the chances of hitting with his AVV 6) (30 p)

IN TOTAL: 175 points

So what is the idea behind the warlord? He should be activated right at the beginning of the round with his arts working Fabius gets IMPENETRABLE ARMOUR (16) front and (12) back (or (17) front and (13) back with gear card) and just by placing BASTION right in front of him he generates -6 RS for the enemy when targeted (and that is even before adding any cover).

Army composition (1000 points):

Fabius 180
mini lord + ruby light 35
mini lord + ruby light 35
5x Valkyries + fire flower 70
5x Valkyries + fire flower 70
2x Guardi Oblati 100
7x Sacred Warriors + Inquisitor + Bastion + Might of Reckoning 256
7x Sacred Warriors + Inquisitor + Bastion + Might of Reckoning 256

The idea is quite simple: advance forward and secure any objective if the enemy is reckless enough and comes closer, engage him with SW. The army may lack in AVV but it can be fixed, all I have to do is engage vehicles with SW and then burn everything with fire flower to multiply the AVV (10) Critical Damage (2) hits.

Last edited by FabsterPL on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:21 pm 

Well I'm going to be boring with my new choice but here it is:

Bog standard Crucifier, but as a Psychic Warlord.

The plan, just as normal is, harassment with Valkyries and Mortificators, Advance with the Sacred Warriors and the Judicator whilst covering the advance with your Inquisitors and Troopers.

Crucificer Psychic Warlord
4 Troopers with one sniper, ruby light and one Inquisitor
5 Troopers with one sniper, ruby light
3 Sacred Warriors, emerald bastion
3 Sacred Warriors, emerald bastion
5 Valkyries, flamer, ruddy bloom
2 Inquisitors, emerald bastion
5 Mortificators, ruby light
1 Judicator double cannon, emerald bastion
998 points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:13 am 

I'm still new to Warzone so I'd like an explanation of what are the advantages of a psychic warlord except Art Power effects and being cheap point wise

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:43 am 

Well the only reason is to have different and usually better effects on your Art powers, nothing else.
Tbh, to make this list better, you'd just change it to a bog standard Inquisitor Psychic Warlord, merge the two Sacred Warrior squads and add a third trooper squad.

But I like the Crucifier, so I'll just play it a little subpar in the meanwhile... :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:31 am 

FabsterPL wrote:
8. His equipment options will me SHIELD (how could he not), MULTIFIRE MAGAZINE (to get extra ST bonus) and WEAPON OF FINESSE (to increase the chances of hitting with his AVV 6) (30 p)

Weapon of Finesse works with Art Powers?

I`m thinking about a Infiltrating + Camo Warlord with 2 Guardians Oblati. You infiltrate the warlord and then you can Rapid Deploy the GO really close to the enemy.

Also, can a Psychic Warlord take 3 powers?

Last edited by trikk on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:01 pm 

At the very beginning of the warlord creation point 1.E there is info that Psychic warlords get Psychic (3) skill,
By AVV 6 I was talking the HMG's skill. I have never thought about using it any other way but when you mentioned it, the way it is written suggests that you could use it with Psychic (s) powers.

trikk wrote:

I`m thinking about a Infiltrating Camo Warlord with 2 Guardians. You infiltrate
powers?

I don't really understand what you said?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:53 pm 

Updated, got a bit overzealous ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:36 pm 

We ran a purposefully crazy game last night to push the boundaries of the rules found in the new HOTSS system. He fielded a crazy strong CC crucifier maxed at 9 RoA/RoF and a non engage base st 20 attacks. Guarded by 2 Oblatii and built to survive and attack he was quite brutal. I think if I remember right he was also 335 points. The oblatii on top of the new gear offered through HOTSS for survivability will make assassination runs with rapid deploys a thing of the past even for non CC characters.

IMHO there is little incentive to go psychic for the crucifier aside from the one extra gift and the small art power boost to the rest of your faction.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:19 pm 

I absolutely agree that Crucifier isn't the best candidate for psychic warlord, he doesn't really fit the pattern, he has so many egocentric skills he becomes perfect cc warlord. IMO the two basic categories that can be made concerning warlords are either support warlords (psychic ones are perfect for that role) or “One Man Army” type (such as Crucyfier).

Do you think that taking 3 models for 500 points is valid option from the competitive point of view? (apart form taking two heavy vehicles)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:40 pm 

trikk wrote:
FabsterPL wrote:

Weapon of Finesse works with Art Powers?

I`m thinking about a Infiltrating + Camo Warlord with 2 Guardians Oblati. You infiltrate the warlord and then you can Rapid Deploy the GO really close to the enemy.

Also, can a Psychic Warlord take 3 powers?

this is what i have made i am glad someone else came up with the idea too :) let me know how it goes as i will be battling with this warlord setup on this sunday.