It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:27 pm 

Other than anti vehicle ammo I don't see a need to use them after they initial firing since the M50s launcher can pretty much do the same thing for one resource card. You need to pop a vehicle, load em up. Infantry, frag grenade em.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:23 pm 

Oh yeah, the reason I was asking was to hopefully get a bunch of anti-vehicle rockets. I find I most of the Capitol list can handle infantry and such but I've been struggling to deal with enemy vehicles.

So airborne cav starting on the board could fire a whole bunch of rockets before needing to start burning resources to fire again.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:10 am 

And heres the wording from the plasma warhead card:
R 24 ST 12 ROF 1 AVV10 PLASMA
critical force 2 critical damage 2

burn three cards, works for the squad.

That would be nasty to walk your airborne onto the board, play that card, aim, and boom goes the tank.

Hmmm... Doug is going to be in trouble next game :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:18 pm 

Hah, that's something I'll have to keep in mind! 5 of those plasma rockets should kill any tank almost! We are still just doing basic games at my store but we'll move on to advanced ones soon I think.

I've gotten a few more games under my belt and am really enjoying Warzone overall. Killing vehicles is still my big problem, but I've found that a lot of vehicles don't deal all that much damage. The imperial mini-tank isn't that scary if you spread out, and the Cybertronic giant-terminator also doesn't deal too much damage if you don't let it line up rail shots.

So far I have:

-Custom CC warlord based on a banshee
-Bob
-10 light infantry
-10 free marines
-5 banshees
-2 sharks

And I just picked up the Iron Lady and some heavy infantry. I am not sure what to get next. I really want to get some Sea Lions but I think I will wait until the new models are out. What do you think I should get next? I am thinking of picking up another starter set for the light infantry and sharks, but I really don't need another Bob. Maybe I'll just get another set of light infantry (I LOVE giving all these guys shotguns) but I don't use sharks much, I'm not sure.

Or maybe I need to get set up with the Orca. Where should I expand to?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:14 am 

I don't really use shark much either. The orca is nice. High RS and tough to kill. It's weakness is in close combat though. Shield the big guy with infantry and use terrain to your advantage to avoid getting bogged down to rapid deployment.

You can also try the K9s. They are surprisingly tough in close combat.

I base my custom WL on them. Though a Banshee is interesting, I might try that...

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:25 pm 

Played a few more games today and had a great time. I LOVE shotguns on light infantry, especially airborne cav! Played against Imperial for our slow-grow league. 500 point game, we rolled the FUBAR mission. So he had to escape, and I had to get to the center. I started turn 1 by dropping aircav right on top of him and just going crazy with shotguns. Then the free marines did their usual shenanigans, and banshees really impressed me. They dropped in, engaged several grey ghosts to tie them up, and really put the hurt on. I ended up wiping the board in about 4 turns.

Next game was against Legion, which I've never played against before. I opened up the same way, Aircav tearing down from the skies shouting "Muuurrriiccaaaaa!" and blasting away with shotguns. I got crazy lucky, killing his warlord and probably 8 or so legionaries. Team 'Murica died immediately afterwards, but in my opinion they did their job! Next I dropped the banshees onto the necro rider, thinking I could kill it with AT grenades. Boy was I wrong. It chomped all 5 of them to bits in two turns! Ouch! I need to get more anti-tank stuff into my list.

Rest of the game was bloody. The necrobeast and Razide killed most of my army while I killed most of his. At the end I had only a few models left and we ended in a draw.

I bought an Orca and another starter box, which I think will be enough to top off my Capitol army.

I now have:

-Custom Warlord "Uncle Sam" based on a heavy trooper
-20 Light infantry (or air-cav)
-5 Heavy infantry and Iron Lady
-10 Free Marines
-5 Banshees
-4 Sharks
-1 Orca

I will probably pick up some sea lions when they get redone, but as is the models are pretty horribly casted. I dunno, do you think I need more? I definitely need more stuff to deal with tanks. I think the heavy troops will help a lot when I can afford to get them on the board.

I don't know if we're ever going to get to the point where a Leviathan would be worth buying. Do people find it worth the points? Its gun doesn't really impress me.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:00 am 

Awesome! Glad to see your guys did well. I have a leviothan, it's fun, but not a must have. The ammo choices that it has can be nasty, but the low RS holds it back ( or keeps it in check). 3 LMGs for 9 shots plus 8 more for anti personnel ammo can rip a hole n anything.