It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Capital's Units
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:14 am 

I'd love to see a ground-up re-design of the Orca. The original always felt like every bad design decision on a GI Joe vehicle. Bubble cockpit and a dude hanging off the back on a firing platform. Just a weird vehicle.

Not sure what I would do for a re-design but possibly a bit more inspiration from, say, a Patton or even Sheridan tank (the Vietnam War is always a good era to take Cap stuff from). I bit rounded but still clunky. The digitigrade legs would still look fine but change the open firing platform in to a turret.

Luckily the * Sharks aged a lot better, design-wise (well in the art at the very least).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:28 am 

WiP?

capitol my first arme
freemarines desertscorpions orca hewy infantry and sealions and those in one of the magasines colbys guard whit swords and shotgund like real badas sealions...

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:25 am 

I was always waiting to see the alpha force so I hope they make those. But for special forces the sea lions and free marines were my favorite. They could leave out sunset strikers and I wouldn't feel sorry hehe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:38 am 

Capitol has way too many units!

I think that the first units releases should be light infantry, heavy infantry, free marines and then two special ops units. Maybe the Sea Lions and Rangers. Martian Banshees would be next on the list.

I think that Orcas and Purple sharks are the best candidates for vehicles. Couple of the heroes would be great as well. However, the original Big Bob Watts figure...please make a major re-design on that figure.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:27 pm 

I don't think they will do Light infantry & Heavy infantry to start with I think one or the other, I'd like to see the Desert scorpions and Orcas redone.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:25 pm 

Dont know if they were in any other warzone but I would like to see Desert dogs! Having a unit Parachuting down on the battlefield is always nice :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:56 am 

basic infantry unit. infantry =) pref with the distinct capitolian helmets OR the hats from 2nd editon infantry. NO CAPS OR FOTBALL HELMETS!!!

Special ops infantry. Freemarines or sealions. I really REALLY love the freemarine models. and the untis ing eneral. i always played witht hem due to the sneaky part of tehre skills.
I truly hope they dont change there aperance to much. teh distinkt look of basicly all capitolian armor is the square(ish) shoulders. size may be changed to a bit smaller bet the general look must be preserved.

sealions i pref 2nd edition. tho i regret painting my armor parts in teh damn blue color... why the F did i do that. they should ofc either have more marine blue or darker green/black cammo. i like the bandanas tho.

banshees. i really dont se any need for them to make any new banshee minis sinse the 1st edition minis are perfect and are 100% acurate to paul bonners ilustrations. 2nd edition is jsut awful anorectik badly proprtioned minis that i regert ever buying.

orcas should be made so tath a pilot can actualy sit in there. case the size they are in now is just not correck unless capitol are using midgets to pilot them.

sunsetstrikers should have the bulkyness of there armor a bit reduced to reflect that they are melee troops. but still have the honrobla mishima symbol on teh left shoulder sinse its vital to the fluff of the unit.

Big Bob Watts need a totaly new look. and a mit more effective weapon that dosent scream "HEY HEY SHOOT ME".

Mitch hunter has to be the hero they implement. he just gotta be there. If hes not... i´ll remove my pledge. yes i´m serius. He is Capitol in person. end of story.

Assaoult marines is a great unit. but i still wonder if i like the minis or not. they seem a bitt to bulky for my taste but then they are a pure offensive unit... but the shoulders really need a nerf in size. i boguht my assoult marine minis without knowing what they look like =/

Great grey and purple shark from nd edition was pretty fracking nice.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:21 pm 

Freedom Brigades. Not neccessarily as seperate miniatures (you can maybe also use standard Infantry), but with own stats like in Ultimate Warzone.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:57 pm 

I'd like to see APES on foot or motorcycle RAT

obviously caricatured with monkey face :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:20 pm 

freedom brigades would be awesome models as well. I just like the whole penal troops concept

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next